By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Need the best FPS on PS3.

VGKing said:
Burning Typhoon said:

Well, basically now, the thing is, "Plan for KZ3, but, try to find something that will top it." I don't really care about the story. I'm going to hate the story regardless. My expectations are so high to the point where I cannot watch 99/100 TV shows and movies without falling asleep.

But, at least with a game, it'll pull you through it. I's like to have games that look nice too, and I know KZ3 has the better graphics. I'd hate to get this game now, and, in January, they announce it for Greatest Hits.... I mean, I've gone -this- long without it, even though it was on my 2011 wish-list.

Modern Warfare is out, though, like I said.

I've heard Maximillian complain a little too much about the lag, (he did so in both the vids I'd seen him do.)  I don't want to pay 60 bucks for a laggy game.  My brother said he's NOT paying 60 dollars, and, personally, with the saturation of FPS out there, I wouldn't pay 60 bucks for a game like that either.  I'm very picky with my games.  I don't trade them in, so, I have to know I'll like it before I even buy it.  I mean, I loved Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, and it's my most played game, however, I hate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 with a passion.  So, If I think I'm not going to like it, I'll stay far away from it (MW3).   I even tried to like MvC3 and still hated it.

And, lastly, I forgot to add this, but, he has some kinda issue about shooting things that aren't people.  So, no resistance 3.  No shooting monsters, aliens, or whatever.  Just people...  I guess KZ2-3 are safe, cause they look like people.

The game is no more laggy than any other online multiplayer game.

and like I said before, if you don't feel like wasting $60 then buy Black Ops. Its like $35 right now.

What? if your talking about killzone being laggy you must have a bad internet connection. Killzone 2's online really depended on your NAT type and your online connection. Although Killzone 3 works perfectly fine no matter how weak the internet connection. 

Around the Network
VGKing said:
Ok OP let me break down your options.

Multiplatform games with mid to large communities under $40
-Battlefield Bad Company 2(a lot of the community migrated to BF3)
-Call of Duty Black OPs(still a huge community even with release of MW3)
-Homefront

Exclusive games with mid to large communities for under $40
-MAG (People stiil play that?)
-Resistance 3(small community)
-Killzone 3
-Killzone 2 (Small community)

Fixed. Sad Resistance 3 community is dead within a couple months. 

Level1Death said:
Haze.

I agree with this. Haze is probably the best shooter you'll find on the PS3. It was too innovative for it's time. But now, more people can appreciate its excellence.

Jay520 said:
Level1Death said:
Haze.

I agree with this. Haze is probably the best shooter you'll find on the PS3. It was too innovative for it's time. But now, more people can appreciate its excellence.

It was so innovative even that it became a system seller for Wii http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/39593/Global/ 

The best FPS game this gen IMO is The Orange Box hands down. I know the PS3 version is lacking compared to the PC and even the 360 version, but 5 amazing FPS games in one for only $20 you cant complain.

Around the Network

killzone 2
killzone 3 for campaign but dont bother with the mp cause its rubbish
resistance 3

crysis 2

Like I said, no resistance.  I don't really care for the story line.  My expectations are so high that I wont like the story no matter what game it is.  They're all stupid, foolish, and full of holes to me.  I do not like them, they aren't enjoyable to me.  So, the entire talk about the Killzone 2 single player being better wouldn't matter to me.  Because I'm likely to hate the Killzone 2, and 3 story.

Also, it would be specifically to have something to play with my brother, online...  we will never do split screen, so, I wouldn't care about that either.  Besides, I hate split screened games.  The only one that seems to even get split-screen down correctly is Bionic Commando: Rearmed, where it only does it when necessary.

I wont be playing with anyone else, unless online, I don't care about how good the single-player story is.  Of all the movies I watched this year, Limitless is the only one that was somewhat interesting to me...  Until the guy predicted the car accident at the last 2 minutes of the movie.  That pissed me off, because his explaination for how he did it was complete trash, and totally foolish/random.  The next thing I watched on TV that didn't put me to sleep was Prophets of Doom, that I just watched about an hour ago, on H2.

Hornet303 said:
Not sure where OP is getting the information that BF3 is 60 bux. Here is the limited edition which comes with the BTK addon for free (15 bux otherwise) for 40 bux. Unless he's from another country.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879200840

So, I'm just supposed to automatically know the price of every game, or else I'm from some other country?

Well best thing to do then is not buy anything.

Considering I don't know for certain that he would pay me back for the PS3, that's also an option that I do think I just may go with.  I'll still look at getting a FPS, but, honestly, I just want one.  Just one.  The best one so that I'd never have to worry about community dying, or a better one coming out in two weeks.

Burning Typhoon said:

Considering I don't know for certain that he would pay me back for the PS3, that's also an option that I do think I just may go with.  I'll still look at getting a FPS, but, honestly, I just want one.  Just one.  The best one so that I'd never have to worry about community dying, or a better one coming out in two weeks.

Get Haze. You will thank me later.