By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I bet if all presidential candidates were being honest they would say the same thing; the real question isn't whether they would ignore supreme court rulings the question is "under what circumstances would they ignore supreme court rulings."

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
I bet if all presidential candidates were being honest they would say the same thing; the real question isn't whether they would ignore supreme court rulings the question is "under what circumstances would they ignore supreme court rulings."

If you can't buy them with money, buy them with even more money.

That's absurd. The president's power is limited to killing American citizens, not fucking with the court system. Rabble! Rabble rabble!

It's all about Huntsman suckaz!!!

*looks at poll numbers*

What the crap is wrong with the republican party?

Just wow. The supreme court is about all there is that holds back Congress from completely destroying everything that America is based upon.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network

What bugs me is that Republicans are going for this (and i mean Gingrich in general, though it seems they're receptive to this message in particular), despite how loudly they've been screaming about big government since 2009

It'll be weird if they win, and do an about-face on government debt and government power just as quickly as they (and the democrats) did before

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Baalzamon said:
Just wow. The supreme court is about all there is that holds back Congress from completely destroying everything that America is based upon.

As is true with the Supreme Court in most western nations, this statement heavily depends on which political ideology you support and which party appointed the Supreme Court ... While they tend to be somewhat independent, and are not simply pawns, if one party controls supreme court appointments for long enough they can stack the court. If you oppose the party in power and support the party that appointed the supreme court you may see this as a good thing, if you support the party in power and oppose the party that appointed the supreme court you may see this as a bad thing.

To demonstrate my point more clearly, suppose the Republicans are politically very successful over the next 16 years and stack the supreme court in their favour and most of the justices have demonstrated track records that are opposed to gay marriage and abortion rights. How many Democrats or independent voters who support these issues and are bashing Newt for an honest response would have a problem with a Democrat president taking the same stance to push for gay marriage and/or abortion rights.

Back to my original point, if all presidential candidates were honest they would say the same thing as Newt, and if most voters were honest they would admit that they would support such a move as long as it was in line with their political worldview.

guys a moron. I hope he get's the nominee,so obama can sail to victory.

Yes!!!!!! It's been a circus. Obama, you lucky SOB!!! Hopefully we can get a progressive house and senate and really get some work done.

Well here are the fruits of the tea party. NUTZ AND OUT OF THERE MIND.

bannedagain said:

Yes!!!!!! It's been a circus. Obama, you lucky SOB!!! Hopefully we can get a progressive house and senate and really get some work done.

Well here are the fruits of the tea party. NUTZ AND OUT OF THERE MIND.

The Fruits of the tea party... an anti-establishment movement about getting in new fiscally conservative politicians who won't support federally owned banks who cause the economic crisis.

is the Speaker of the house from 1999 who was a lobbiest for a federally owned bank?

You really gotta get over your bias and start looking at things objectivly.