By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - That's right, Suikoden thread!!

Tagged games:

Which Suikoden is the best

suikoden 1 4 8.00%

suikoden ii 28 56.00%

suikoden 3 7 14.00%

suikoden iv 0 0%

suikoden five 5 10.00%

there's more than that? 2 4.00%

wtf is a suikoden? 4 8.00%

Total:50

I have only finished Suikoden 5 and Im in the middle of a Suikoden playthrough so Im gonna hold my vote for now

Around the Network
MANUELF said:
I have only finished Suikoden 5 and Im in the middle of a Suikoden playthrough so Im gonna hold my vote for now

Since you started with the best one you might be dissapointed. You should like 2 very much, probably 3 too. 1 is good, but extremely short for today standard (20 hours main story). As for 4, its plain and simply a shitty RPG lol.

See, I've heard that 5 is really really good.
But I really hope they remedied the problems of iii. Going from 2 to 3 was terrible for me. I ilked suikoden for the general battles, everyone serving a purpose, awesome castle improvements and side things to do. Then three removed like most of that. Only like 15 characters served a purpose in the castle, the army battles were gone, castle never improved, etc.

theprof00 said:
See, I've heard that 5 is really really good.
But I really hope they remedied the problems of iii. Going from 2 to 3 was terrible for me. I ilked suikoden for the general battles, everyone serving a purpose, awesome castle improvements and side things to do. Then three removed like most of that. Only like 15 characters served a purpose in the castle, the army battles were gone, castle never improved, etc.

Well there is only a little amount of persons that don't really serve a purpose in the castle (there were also some in Suikoden 2 but at least everyone that did not serve a purpose was available in the army battles and/or field battles (see Pesmerga, Mukumukus), I never finished Suikoden 5 with all 108 so I can't really say that everyone serves a purpose, but the people who do not serve a purpose in the castle are available for field combat. The Army Battles are good, not as fun as 2 but really good.

I hope so too :)

I hope it gets released over here. I think supporting this game by buying it is the best way to help fund the series and may be what gets us a main title Suikoden VI some day. However, out of fear of Konami scrapping the ''old series'' and ruining it for us all, I strongly suggest we let our collective voices known to Konami.

Around the Network

Suikoden 5 to me is the best jRPG of the last 22 years lol, I played mostly all of them, with very few exception. I liked the war battle too but I agree there was way too much random battle (aggravated by the loading). I agree with your critics of 3 too, overall pretty average game.

I always hated the fact that in 5 your father was this powerful fighter your mum the queen had a super power and the plot against them was discovered early , so with this forewarning did they set a trap for the enemy or bring in extra guards or get the royal heir out of the castle , they did none of these things just sat there and accepted their fate, and for what? the daughter was caught , yes the prince escaped but he had to fight is way out talk about ludicrous.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Best RPG of the past 22 years? o_O

I would def put SII on that category and certainly above SV. But each to their own opinion :)

Hello everyone!

You guys should totaly head on over to the Suikoden Day page if you are interested. Looks like its gonna be an even more exciting event this year :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/318166544886315/

KC

Great to see a suikoden thread!, know its cliche, but I just had to vote suikoden 2

Brilliant series though

PLAYSTATION NATION LADY OF JRPGS

Favourite Games of 2013 1.Tomb Raider(PS3) 2.Atelier Ayesha(PS3) 3.Virtues Last Reward (Vita)