By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Ron Paul did something amazing last night

scat398 said:
Wow, the entire media network system has exploded with Ron Paul hate. MSNBC, FOX NEWS, and CNN are all running 24/7 anti-paul stories, they are literally freaking out over the idea of Paul winning a single state in the primaries. I have never seen anything like this. You have Rachel Maddow, and Sean Hannity fighting side by side to say Ron Paul can't win this.

What does this say about our current system and the lack of choices we actually have when it comes to our democracy?

Rachel Maddow says republicans are crazy because they want to go to war with Iran, but they are not as crazy as Ron paul because he doesn't want to go war with Iran? Sean Hannity complains of democrats who want nothing but to spend more money and grow government and Ron Paul is crazy because he wants to reduce spending and shrink government?

How do they do these shows with a straight face? I'm actually waiting for one of them to just actually flip out on air and give death threats to anyone that votes for Ron Paul.

There is a vetting process going on which does cause this stuff to come up.  Usually, if the battle is tighter and longer, the vetting takes longer.  I would say the real freaking out is the media realizing now that Ron Paul might win Iowa, and they feel caught off guard, so they are now rushing to try to do vetting.  End result is grab ahold of anything questionable, air it, discuss it, and beat it to death.  This is particularly true for Republican candidates.  It seems an exception to all this was Obama in 2008, to some degree.  But even with Obama, a range of things did pop up, like Reverend Wright.

And the reality is, based on expected political viewpoints and conventions, Ron Paul is not in the mainstream.  You get a number of, "Wow, that is cool.  Awesome" and then you hit one issue with him (maybe a few) which are like "Ewww... are you crazy?"

Around the Network
scat398 said:
Wow, the entire media network system has exploded with Ron Paul hate. MSNBC, FOX NEWS, and CNN are all running 24/7 anti-paul stories, they are literally freaking out over the idea of Paul winning a single state in the primaries. I have never seen anything like this. You have Rachel Maddow, and Sean Hannity fighting side by side to say Ron Paul can't win this.

What does this say about our current system and the lack of choices we actually have when it comes to our democracy?

Rachel Maddow says republicans are crazy because they want to go to war with Iran, but they are not as crazy as Ron paul because he doesn't want to go war with Iran? Sean Hannity complains of democrats who want nothing but to spend more money and grow government and Ron Paul is crazy because he wants to reduce spending and shrink government?

How do they do these shows with a straight face? I'm actually waiting for one of them to just actually flip out on air and give death threats to anyone that votes for Ron Paul.

If Ron Paul wins he gets a certain amount of control over the Republican party, that along with the new "Tea Party" senators would replace Neo-cons with a mix oldschool Republicans in the south and middle (scary for the current republcians) and Libretarians on the middle. (Scary for the Demorats).

People who would be dictating their ideas vs the current system of being forced to go along with whoever.

richardhutnik said:
scat398 said:

There is a vetting process going on which does cause this stuff to come up.  Usually, if the battle is tighter and longer, the vetting takes longer.  I would say the real freaking out is the media realizing now that Ron Paul might win Iowa, and they feel caught off guard, so they are now rushing to try to do vetting.  End result is grab ahold of anything questionable, air it, discuss it, and beat it to death.  This is particularly true for Republican candidates.  It seems an exception to all this was Obama in 2008, to some degree.  But even with Obama, a range of things did pop up, like Reverend Wright.

And the reality is, based on expected political viewpoints and conventions, Ron Paul is not in the mainstream.  You get a number of, "Wow, that is cool.  Awesome" and then you hit one issue with him (maybe a few) which are like "Ewww... are you crazy?"

Obama was vetted pretty hard.... at first.  HOWEVER during the primary contest there was a pretty contensious debate after the Wright stuff started popping up, hosted by George Stefanaopolis I believe?  Some strong Hilarly Clinton supporter anwyay.

Over half the Debate seemed to be dedicated to "Shit in Obama's past" which, well has no place in a poltiical debate sicne it's bullshit because it's not about the issues and puts said candidate at a disadvantage.  "Hey everyone what do you think of that one guy's craaaazy racist pastor!"

After that, there was a negative backlash and Obama got the Media "kiddie gloves". 

Speaking of possible racist splotches in the past, what of Paul's? There seems to be at least some credence to those newsletters from '96.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Speaking of possible racist splotches in the past, what of Paul's? There seems to be at least some credence to those newsletters from '96.

Is there?  The most scathing articles I've seen about it so far have been people saying

"Sure he probably didn't write that himself since he stopped his involvement with that project years before, but he should of known one of his employees would."

Which seems like a copout.

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
scat398 said:

Ron Paul has been vetted numerous times including on this particualr issue in past elections.  This doesn't seem like the media is working on the vetting process, this seems like a media that is being told "shut this guy down now"!