By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up - Dec 10th - 3DS 1.3 million!

So the Wii didn't beat the PS3 this week in Japan?

It probably won't next week as well because of FFXIII-2 but it could do it after that.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Orkart said:
pezus said:
Orkart said:
pezus said:
Orkart said:
The_Joker_Product said:
Orkart said:
The_Joker_Product said:
Orkart said:
LupinIII said:

Whats the appeal to these Mario Kart games seriously?

The gap between the Modern Warfare 3 sales is tiny.

Wow @ Uncharted 3

Maybe because its fun???

I personally dont see the appeal to these Uncharted games, just generic 3rd person shooters theyre all the same. Mario Karts unique.

Say what? Uncharted is far from being generic, there arnt even that many third person shooters around anymore. 

Thats because FPS games are better shooters than Third Person thats why, but Uncharted is definitley generic, not that its a bad game what it does it does well, but all it basically is, is a copy of Gears of Wars shooting mechanics and the climbing of Assassins Creed wrapped up in pretty graphics and with likable characters.

But as its own thing, its nothing new at all, it just did what it did well. Still i dont see the appeal to it at all, from what ive seen its just a very straight forward game where you run and shoot, climb, cutscene.

"Oh look we have to go through that door, but of course you can never simply go through a door in any of these games so go climb around the long way to lower a rope for us to get through". Is all that these games are.

There are no FPS games on PS3 that are better than the Uncharted series. It having similar shooting mechanics to Gears of War does not make it a ripoff, Uncharted game out before Assassins Creed so it most certainly didnt rip that off either.

Most shooting games are simply just shooting and crap cutscenes. Uncharted has shooting, good cutscenes, climbing aswell as likable characters and a decent story something very few FPS games have.

The Call of Duty Modern Warfare trilogy is miles better than the Uncharted trilogy for one.

Is this a joke? Seriously. 

You wanna explain whyt you think its a joke? last i checked the Call of Duty games werent getting 6 and 7s but 9 and 10's kinda. According to the two biggest critics out there IGN give COD the upperhand and Gamespot has it even.

So no its no joke.

Oh wait, so please explain to me what "miles better" means to you. You should get out of here before you're banned because you've got nothing to say but flame and troll for the sake of it. And please, play both franchises before making an assumption...that'd definitely help

Why dont you explain what you consider a joke to me first? "lolz that guy thinks COD is better than Uncharted how funny" when the biggest gaming site out there agrees with me more than the rest going by its scores. COD4 and MW2 out scored Uncharted 1 and 2, it wins out 2 to 1.

And i lied. Ive played all the games and completed them multiple times actually.

There good games but they are short with a poor multiplayer. COD is also short but with a vastly superior multiplayer you can spend days worth on and thats another reason why its miles better.

I'm not going to answer that post because it's just not worth it. But I'll underline what I find funny about your posts (look above)

So you had no arguement back. Lets see what you underlined.

"agrees with me"  "COD4 and MW2 out scored Uncharted 1 and 2, it wins out 2 to 1."

I said COD trilogy is better, IGN gave COD4 a much higher score than Uncharted, MW2 a slightly better score than Uncharted 2 and vice versa for the third game. On average IGN give better scores to COD so that underlined statement is a fact.

"And i lied."

Another fact as ive platinumed all three Uncharted games aswell as MW2 and MW3.

"short"

Beat Uncharted 3 on hard in under 6 hours about the same as MW3. However it took me 11 hours to platinum Uncharted 3 compared to over 25 hours for MW3. So another fact.

"you can spend days worth on"

There are people on the leaderboard with days upon days worth of playtime already on MW3, so another fact.

thehusbo said:
Orkart said:
thehusbo said:
Orkart ur a troll plain and simple. U think call of duty is better than uncharted? U lost all credibility there.

When you can be bothered to say you and you're instead of u and ur, then maybe i'll be bothered by what you said.

dont worry kid you can just sit there and think of some more bullshit to type. if your gonna cry about people's spelling then i'll correct it. sorry for the inconvenience.

No need for one to cry, just saying if youre gonna put someone down it usually makes sense to not sound dumb while doing it otherwise it comes back to bite you.

Zlejedi said:
Well Uncharted generally is a tomb rider based game ;) But with every aspect of it being improved (especially storytelling).

This.

Orkart said:
thehusbo said:
Orkart said:
thehusbo said:
Orkart ur a troll plain and simple. U think call of duty is better than uncharted? U lost all credibility there.

When you can be bothered to say you and you're instead of u and ur, then maybe i'll be bothered by what you said.

dont worry kid you can just sit there and think of some more bullshit to type. if your gonna cry about people's spelling then i'll correct it. sorry for the inconvenience.

No need for one to cry, just saying if youre gonna put someone down it usually makes sense to not sound dumb while doing it otherwise it comes back to bite you.

''gonna''. considering your the grammer nazi i would think you would realise that you should have written 'going to'. but who cares this conversation is redundant. have fun.

Around the Network

Can someone give us the YOY sales?

Holy fuck... Is all I have to say about the pointless debate on which games are better. How about I say Animal Crossing is better than all those games.... It doesn't freaking matter.. Everyone has different tastes.. I came into this thread expecting a discussion on sales and I mainly just see people debating which series is better, unique, rip-off, etc.... Why don't we just compare dick sizes while we are at it?  One more thing... If you are going to quote someone then don't quote the last 40 responses... Cut it down to the last 2 or 3 quotes you freaking noobs.

So, nobody discusses the sales anymore?

Orkart said:
Jay520 said:
Orkart said:
Mordred11 said:
Orkart said:

MGS, GTA, RDR are not "just" third person shooters. Thats not what people think of when they think of those. But you're right about a few of the others.

Mario Kart wasnt ripping off other games, you cant ripoff driving games its a genre. Its like saying Mario Strikers is ripping off Fifa because its a football game. Uncharted though was a ripoff of a specific game Tomb Raider.

So any realistic TPS adventure game is automatically a Tomb Raider rip-off?
If ripping off a game means to improve over that game in all possible aspects and create one of the best games ever,then I hope all games to be ripped-off.

Any TPS adventure game involving a sexy main character who hunts for treasure while shooting enemies along the way and climbing platforms is a ripoff of Tomb Raider yes. Assassins Creed is a TPS adventure game thats nothing like Tomb Raider. Uncharted may be better than Tomb Raider, but its still an obvious ripoff. 

Even Elena looked exactly like Lara Croft originally.

So, in conclusion, any game that shows similarities with an earlier game is a rip-off of the earlier game. Good to know.

Not if its or two, but if its like Uncharted then yeah. You already know what im saying has been said by thousands before, everyones always called Uncharted a Tomb Raider ripoff.

"The game was first unveiled at E3 2006.[4] From early previews of the game, inevitable comparisons of elements such as platforming and shooting between Uncharted and the well-known Tomb Raider series were drawn, earning the title the nickname of "Dude Raider".[16][17""

There's no problem with acknowledging similarities, but calling it a ripoff is a stetch. A ripoff would imply a noticeably lack of creativity from ND and an effort to steal or cheat off other games.

pezus said:

Hey, I'm back but I can't stay so I just wanted to correct your little fact.

According to IGN:

Uncharted 1 - 91       MW1 - 94

Uncharted 2 - 95       MW2 - 95

Uncharted 3 - 100    MW3 - 90

I don't know about you but what I gather is that Uncharted on average is actually rated higher on IGN, rather than lower. (Uncharted avg: 95.3, MW avg: 93)

The biggest gaming site on the internet says the Uncharted franchise is better so we must take their word for it.

He was using the UK IGN scores.