By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGC Official THE LAST OF US Thread

Tagged games:

Very, very, very nice. This is the direction Sony needs to follow for its future.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
happydolphin said:
Very, very, very nice. This is the direction Sony needs to follow for its future.

What direction would that be?

I see lush worlds, vast, with much character and detail. I see color, palettes. Emotions (body language, faces), personalities, suspense, survival. Just everything you would want from a good movie, you see here. This hollywood (theatrical) direction is how I see Sony winning it back, along with the regular merchandising and appealing to all demographics of course. But this needs to be one of many flagships, going forwards and in parallel. ND needs to set the standard, and they clearly are.

CGI-Quality said:

Oh, well in such case, I agree. Each of the BIG 3 has their own flavor, but Sony's continues to catch my attention in a major way.

I'm a fan of this game. I'm not saying I'll get a PS3 and buy it, but I am following and am very excited for what this game can bring to gaming. Too bad there are so many copiers who don't understand the character in a game like this.

The hope is some will understand the subtle character and learn to make games with personality following the lead of these guys who are taking a plunge in this kind of new experience, threatrical games with heart and character. I understand other games have done something similar in the past, but looking at the screenshots it just seems to be gushing out of this title. A game like this can even impress Nintendo, saying this as a Nintendo fan.

Remember Shenmue? It's the kind of heart and charm I'm talking about.

CGI-Quality said:

I doubt it ends up with too many similarities to other games (outside of perspective and a little bit of the theme). This isn't the zombie-romp early spectators pegged it as, and because of such, I'm confident it will be a breath of fresh air.

No, you're right. This is definitely a new experience, no doubt! I meant that the charm it exhibits reminds me of the likes of Shenmue. Details that aren't generic, important details that give the game character, environment details, character details, expressions.

I wasn't even thinking of the zombie theme when I said that :D The way I see it, this game could have any theme, because the charm it has goes beyond theme. I barely know what I'm saying but I'm trying to put it in words and I find it difficult.

CGI I love you.

Around the Network

So this has been dead for a while... I really wanna see gameplay, but at the same time I don't wanna see a thing about this game so I don't make the same mistake I made with Uncharted 3! :( A first world problem I know.

This game has so much potential it's crazy

i got like 3 freads with cocntent no PS fan seemed to want to post about, but i can get that info for you off of GI. you know i'm down to help you anyway i can. i know you've got college work so i'll post that stuff and wht ever else i find.

heres all the gi stuff i found. i'm sure somethings missing as it was one month of coverage.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_last_of_us/b/ps3/skunews.aspx

"Jeff Gerstmann ‏@jeffgerstmann

Got to watch a quick demo of The Last of Us yesterday that looks outstanding. Definitely one of the coolest things I've seen in awhile."

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
"Jeff Gerstmann ‏@jeffgerstmann

Got to watch a quick demo of The Last of Us yesterday that looks outstanding. Definitely one of the coolest things I've seen in awhile."

That's brilliant. Jeff isn't afraid to speak his mind, and doesn't have a predisposition to rate AAA games highly like most reviewers do, a positive word from him is worth a LOT.