By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Good thread idea. Chrono Trigger and FFVI will always be favorites of mine, but those have already been mentioned. I love intros that get me excited to play the game; for non-RPG/adventure, here are two more recent examples that did so (though the Youtube versions really remove a lot of the impact):

Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner (you'll have to excuse the sub-standard voice acting)

Jet Set Radio Future (you can skip the first 45 seconds or so)

And for RPGs, the initial section of Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga contains more awesome than can be reliably calculated (though again, view the real version for full effect)

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network

FF8 is my fave. I also liked Silent Hill 1 when it first came out way back in the dark ages :D

*edit*

Best Ending is by far Final Fantasy 8. I would love to see that in today's gfx and with voice. It's like 20 or more minutes *edit* 10mins :P :) It was truely remarkable at the time.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

mario 64, i love how he gets out of the tube

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Lost tears of Kain said:
twesterm said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
Dolla Dolla said:
FF8 opening FMV is a beauty.

Vagrant Story gets an honorable mention from me.

Yea it is, the FMV cutscenes were astounding and unheard of for its time, it did not bet much better then that when it was released

The FFVIII cut scenes were probably about the only good things about FFVIII.

lol your opinions are not fact twesterm, personally 8 is one of my favorites, in terms of storytelling.

Battle was probably the weakiest of the series, however, limit breaks and some of the GF animations really boosted it up.

FF8's battle system was amazing. I love the juction system. It's more complicated then the materia/gems system. But it so versitile once you understood it and let it evolve. The Junction system has been the best system besides sphere/license that I like. Also training your GF was an awesome edition :D Tonberry shop anywhere - I liked that one :P

Unleash The Beast!  

Huh. Well I have chanted "Eat them all" while playing smash bros (Even though I don't use Kirby) I was pretty certain the most robotic of all charecters in Digital Devil Saga actually spoke English, so WTF was with him speaking Japanese?

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network
Fuzzmosis said:
Huh. Well I have chanted "Eat them all" while playing smash bros (Even though I don't use Kirby) I was pretty certain the most robotic of all charecters in Digital Devil Saga actually spoke English, so WTF was with him speaking Japanese?

Yeah, I noticed that as well.  Based on the Youtube page, I suspect this opening may be from the PAL version.  But still... ???

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

The only truly awesome one that immediately comes to mind is Freespace 2.

Oh, and We Love Katamari > Katamari Damacy. =P

weezy said:
terran77 said:
Final Fantasy 6 approaching the town and the entire opening sequence. Biased though since it was my first ever rpg.

Good call bro. I remember the first time on X-mas me and my brother didnt know what to expect and ....BOOOOOM!@!!@ it hit us.  Inprinted in the brain for the rest of our lives is FF6,  and its most memorable
cast.

You two just nailed it. I am currently playing FFVI and I have also played FFIV recently which was a big letdown for me. After that, I didn't know what to expect from VI. Having seen the intro, I knew it.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

NFGBlinkAC said:

Final Fantasy VII's opening is my favorite one of all time.

And of course, who can't love this one? :)

Man this one, makes me believe square is going to remake ff7 for ps3... Why wouldn't they do it :P That will be the greatest day on Earth if it becomes reality :D Plus Ps3 sales.... Goodbye Wii60 :P

Unleash The Beast!  

Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past, Melee, Kingdom Hearts, and FFX come to mind.

Very few openings effected me the way A Link to the Past's opening did. I replayed the game on GBA a few years ago and it still gets me. :)

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."