By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Little Big Planet Video from CES

A new video of Little Big Planet from CES...

Not at all my type of game, but I know many others are interested in it so I figured I'd post this anyhow.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/01/07/little-big-planet-updates-tentative-release-date/

Well, I now only have access to a PS3 & 360...Plan on buying a wii soon (lol, if I can ever find one available!) but will probably wait until some of the major RPG's come out like Dragon Quest & Tales, etc.

Anyhow, I'm so far behind in games to play that I'm not in a huge hurry (lol, haven't even gotten a chance to finish God of War II yet!) 

Around the Network

Ooooh!!! *rushes to watch vid* :D

Awesome game, good graphics for a side scroller. you would think nintendo would come out with good side scrollers since the system is not as powerful as 360/ps3

remember the prince of persia new side scroller that b cool

Why September? How much do they really have left to do with this game?

Currently playing: UT3, Madden 08, NBA 2k7, AoE:III

Yea, that's cute, but doesn't look it would be any fun at all.

Around the Network
snap said:
Awesome game, good graphics for a side scroller. you would think nintendo would come out with good side scrollers since the system is not as powerful as 360/ps3

remember the prince of persia new side scroller that b cool

This would be Wii's delicious side-scroller:

Of course, it won't have user-generated online content, though. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

if you want me to direct you to the Wii's more delicious side scroller
http://smashbros.com
oh, and it does have user created content for download

YAAAAY :D

WHY DA HELL DO WE GET WII SIDE SCROLLERS ON THE PS3 FORUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET THA F OUT!!!

mM
leo-j said:
WHY DA HELL DO WE GET WII SIDE SCROLLERS ON THE PS3 FORUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET THA F OUT!!!

drop the caps, read the whole thread again, and simmer down.

My guess is that they are targeting September because Nintendo hasn't made any major announcements for that timeframe(This is one of the few Sony titles that seems to tread into Nintendo's traditionally strong areas), and it's close enough to the holiday sales period to ensure some extra sales before falling of the radar.

Aj_habfan, What has been shown so far is mostly the editing aspects of the game. The 'game' aspect is a 2d, physics-based platformer and from what I've seen, with the proper level design it could be quite good. Keep in mind that if the game sells well(which I HOPE it does, despite not falling within the PS3's core demographic) there should be plenty of good levels to play.

Of course I'm more than a little biased on this game. It's the title that finally convinced me to invest in a PS3