By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Show your work!

Hey Guys,

This is a thread for all the Vgchartz artists/programmers/etc to show off their work to the best community in all the citadal!

I myself will be posting stuff from games i'm working on, and other random stuff in here as much as I can, will probably only update once a week though.

Feel free to discuss everything being posted here & to add polite but helpfull criticism.

*Click links for full 1920x1080 resolution*

*Pulse rifle I made back in ~2004, never got around to finishing it, so it looks a bit rubbish, I might finish it next year.

Polycount: ~3.400 unoptimised.

Next update will be something I made this year.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Can we post our work even if it is no good?

Absolutely, your version of "no good" can be pretty cool to someone else, trust me that Pulse Rifle I made back in 2004, looks like a piece of crap to myself now.

Here is some of my stuff:

This is a digital painting I did of a U2 bad-guy (The original is on the left, my recreation on the right)

This is a digital self-portrait:

This is a trolley model I made for a student game:

And here is a bargue drawing of an arm:

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

did (still do a bit) a lot of sig making a lil while back..here are some i made

:D

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Nice stuff guys!

Really like your 2d stuff JOKA.

M.U.G.E.N, you shouldn't have posted those, now I want you take make me a sig! (I don't do sigs much anymore) I really like yours. :)

Ok, my last update for tonight:

*Click link for full size*

Again, same story really, old model, need to finish it someday.

Around the Network

Millenium, what program do you use to model? Do you plan on texturing them?

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

JOKA_ said:

3ds Max, yeah, after I finishing modelling them (Hopefully in January) I plan on UVW'ing them, and then texturing.

UVW Mapping & Texturing aren't my strongest point though, so that will be trial & error.

i tried a lil bit of 3d modeling with Cinema 4d for a while but couldn't go through with it for long..3d modeling and painting are both top notch stuff imo.

and thanks mate :D I'll take that as a compliment. and I'm just done with my finals so if you really want a sig ;) I am more than happy to

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Millenium said:
JOKA_ said:

3ds Max, yeah, after I finishing modelling them (Hopefully in January) I plan on UVW'ing them, and then texturing.

UVW Mapping & Texturing aren't my strongest point though, so that will be trial & error.

Nice, I'm used to Maya, but don't have the funds to get it/don't want to pirate it.  I've been learning Blender, and its nice, but not quite what I am used to.

This is a bucket model I made for my student game, it's not a very complicated model but I think the texture/normal/specular maps look awesome:

Ok, now I'm certain, you must have a website? I've seen your work before, (Like last week), I just didn't want to get ahead of myself after you posted only one model (I could have been wrong)

Yeah Blender gives me a strange feel, the interface doesn't flow as well as Maya & 3ds Max in my opinion.

As for your model, definitely looks awesome, I really like the texture work!

@M.U.G.E.N, sweet, I'd love a new signature (preferably a Halo one atm), but only if you've got the time though.