By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Batman: Arkham World Teased!... Spider-Man Will beat it though

The_Joker_Product said:
Xxain said:
The_Joker_Product said:
Nobody really cares about Spider-man anymore. He aint #1 now.

1. Spider-Man Comics general outsell not only Batman but DC in general for years... only since the reboot of DC has DC been catching Marvel. now if your talkin about game wise... the semi right. Batman is #1 but it was Spider-Man that set standards for Super Hero and license games.

That was then, comic sales dont really mean much because they sell a hundred thousand copies if that and DC comics suck. In recent years due to the failure that was Spider-man 3 and the success that was The Dark Knight, now he is the top dog.  Batman Arkham Asylum went and sold over 5 million copies while Shattered Dimensions has yet to sell 1 million and edge of Time was a complete bomb,

Which I already acknowledged? I hope your post in claiming that appeal of Comic book charactes should only be measured by movie outings? very charming of you to completely disregard the Comics... ya know... the life history of those characters that movies just adapt not create. DC comic suck? is that kinda a contradiction? your trying prove Batman metal over Spidey but acknowledge his comic sucks? Spider is not only still very relevant but most relevant Super Hero ever. you have to be on some good stuff to believe Spider-Man is irrelevant.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
The_Joker_Product said:
Xxain said:
The_Joker_Product said:

1. Spider-Man Comics general outsell not only Batman but DC in general for years... only since the reboot of DC has DC been catching Marvel. now if your talkin about game wise... the semi right. Batman is #1 but it was Spider-Man that set standards for Super Hero and license games.

That was then, comic sales dont really mean much because they sell a hundred thousand copies if that and DC comics suck. In recent years due to the failure that was Spider-man 3 and the success that was The Dark Knight, now he is the top dog.  Batman Arkham Asylum went and sold over 5 million copies while Shattered Dimensions has yet to sell 1 million and edge of Time was a complete bomb,

Which I already acknowledged? I hope your post in claiming that appeal of Comic book charactes should only be measured by movie outings? very charming of you to completely disregard the Comics... ya know... the life history of those characters that movies just adapt not create. DC comic suck? is that kinda a contradiction? your trying prove Batman metal over Spidey but acknowledge his comic sucks? Spider is not only still very relevant but most relevant Super Hero ever. you have to be on some good stuff to believe Spider-Man is irrelevant.

Comic sales dont mean squat when they sell in the dozens of thousands of copies to movies which sell dozens of millions of tickets. Im not saying who is the better character, im saying in popularity Batman stomps Spider-man now. After what happened with both their latest movies. Both heroes have a movie next year and the Batman one is getting a hell of alot more hype and attention than the Spider-man one.

I also never said he was irrelevant so i dont know where you got that from. He isnt the most relevant ever though, Superman and Batman would be, then Spider-man.

The_Joker_Product said:
Xxain said:
The_Joker_Product said:
Xxain said:
The_Joker_Product said:

Comic sales dont mean squat when they sell in the dozens of thousands of copies to movies which sell dozens of millions of tickets. Im not saying who is the better character, im saying in popularity Batman stomps Spider-man now. After what happened with both their latest movies. Both heroes have a movie next year and the Batman one is getting a hell of alot more hype and attention than the Spider-man one.

I also never said he was irrelevant so i dont know where you got that from. He isnt the most relevant ever though, Superman and Batman would be, then Spider-man.

but Movie dont mean squat when most ppl who see are not even comic followers! it would be better to judge based on the comic world..anybody can see a movie. because dont sell as much as movies does not make them less credible. How do you think what Super Heros get movies are decided? by comics. btw Spider and Batman BOTH regularly beat superman in best hero polls. Batman is treated as the mascot of DC with series on him.. Spider gets shipp4 times a month ... Superman..... only 2 comics but 1 is justice league so only 1 about him

Xxain said:
The_Joker_Product said:
Xxain said:
The_Joker_Product said:
Xxain said:
The_Joker_Product said:

but Movie dont mean squat when most ppl who see are not even comic followers! it would be better to judge based on the comic world..anybody can see a movie. because dont sell as much as movies does not make them less credible. How do you think what Super Heros get movies are decided? by comics. btw Spider and Batman BOTH regularly beat superman in best hero polls. Batman is treated as the mascot of DC with series on him.. Spider gets shipp4 times a month ... Superman..... only 2 comics but 1 is justice league so only 1 about him

They dont have to be followers, most of these fans that go see these movies and buy the games dont read the comics, they are only even popular in US to begin with none of the rest of the world care about them. I dont read that many comics anymore, only really Spider-man.

If you wanna talk about heroes getting movies because of the comics then Batman got them way before Spider-man. Course they both beat Superman, nobody likes him anymore he's boring as hell, the Superman comic here in UK got cancelled because nobody bought it, still the most famous one of them though. 

A sequel was inevitable. The Amazing Spider-Man teaser looked just as boring as the film does.

Around the Network
The_Joker_Product said:
Xxain said:
The_Joker_Product said:
Xxain said:
The_Joker_Product said:
Xxain said:
The_Joker_Product said:

They dont have to be followers, most of these fans that go see these movies and buy the games dont read the comics, they are only even popular in US to begin with none of the rest of the world care about them. I dont read that many comics anymore, only really Spider-man.

If you wanna talk about heroes getting movies because of the comics then Batman got them way before Spider-man. Course they both beat Superman, nobody likes him anymore he's boring as hell, the Superman comic here in UK got cancelled because nobody bought it, still the most famous one of them though. 

but Spider-Man trilogy set off super hero movie craze ... the previous Batman Movies were average to bad., and yes Super-Man is overated because the one thing that makes him him.... his Superness. Nobody liked a invincible hero

Xxain said:
The_Joker_Product said:
Xxain said:
The_Joker_Product said:
Xxain said:
The_Joker_Product said:
Xxain said:
The_Joker_Product said:

but Spider-Man trilogy set off super hero movie craze ... the previous Batman Movies were average to bad., and yes Super-Man is overated because the one thing that makes him him.... his Superness. Nobody liked a invincible hero

The original Batman movie was just as good as the original Spider-man, its just its sequels werent as good as the Spider-man sequels. The new Batman movies have more than made up for that though.

Box office wise both are some of the biggest adaptions of any kind around.

the 1978 Superman film with gene hackman is a real classic though,lets not forget,its a triple A movie if you ask me

Above & Beyond

pezus said:
The_Joker_Product said:

The original Batman movie was just as good as the original Spider-man, its just its sequels werent as good as the Spider-man sequels. The new Batman movies have more than made up for that though.

Box office wise both are some of the biggest adaptions of any kind around.

I don't know what you're getting at. The spider-man  movie franchise has made far more than Batman with an average of $800m+ per movie. Batman Begins made less than $400m and The Dark Knight made over $1billion.

Spider-man movies came out rin the last decade, Batman did $410 million in 1989, thatd be double that in todays money, they werent released in the dozens of countries that they are now. Batman Begins was a reboot following a movie that is considered one of the worst films of all time, most didnt go see it because of that.

This new Batman coming out will make $1 billion aswell and the Spider-man will probably be the lowest grossing one yet.

Batman > Spiderman