By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Skyrim wins 2011 VGA GOTY award and over a dozen more.

What should have won GOTY?

Skyrim 134 41.74%

Uncharted 3 83 25.86%

Batman Arkham City 22 6.85%

Portal 2 14 4.36%

Skyward Sword 67 20.87%

Total:320
Tigerlure said:
selnor said:
Tigerlure said:
Wow. We just rewarded a developer for putting out a broken game. And yes, this is coming from a guy who has Skyrim on the PS3. The problems are absolutely real and well documented on their forums.

My copy isnt broken, but has some funny as hell glitches.

And yet it still whips the pnts off the other games in the nominees. 

It is so muc more fun, and involving.

Well done Skyrim. At least I agree with the winner this time, but dont agree with all the nominees.

I wasn't aware you played Skyrim on the PS3. 

If its as game breaking as PS3 fans are saying I feel really sorry for you. Genuinely. 

Its te bestgame this gen by a country mile.

Im over 80 hours in and it runs jut as smooth as the first 10 mins. Actually even looks better with the 360 install fix for textues Bethesda gave me. 

The game is pure heaven.

Around the Network

haven't played skyrim yet,so I can't judge it. I got to many other games on my agenda,but I will get it eventually.

I will have to say well deserved and congrats. This is coming from a non-rpg fan who has fallen in love with Skyrim!

oldschoolfool said:
haven't played skyrim yet,so I can't judge it. I got to many other games on my agenda,but I will get it eventually.

Probably the smartest post on this forum.

Poor Batman only 6.6% of the vote.

Around the Network

To many angry people in this thread....its a video game.....it won an award from a tv channel....how does this affect your everyday life?

Please to get along!

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

Wow Skyrim's even winning on this site. Just goes to show how good that game really is.

Khuutra said:
I got to the first town in Skyrim.

I think I'm going to switch over to using a gamepad.

You on a PC?  If so I'd recommend it.  The game is totally designed for gamepad.  I'm playing on PC with Xbox gamepad and it works a teat.  Lock picking and menu navigation with a mouse is pretty poor - and while mods will no doubt fix that eventually it just feels more natural with a gamepad.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Congrats.

My personal is Uncharted 3 but the Baman or Skyrim is a great choice too.

Reasonable said:
Khuutra said:
I got to the first town in Skyrim.

I think I'm going to switch over to using a gamepad.

You on a PC?  If so I'd recommend it.  The game is totally designed for gamepad.  I'm playing on PC with Xbox gamepad and it works a teat.  Lock picking and menu navigation with a mouse is pretty poor - and while mods will no doubt fix that eventually it just feels more natural with a gamepad.

Well, it's true that the game is suited for a gamepad and it plays better with it at start, but after finding how to quick-tab outside the Favourites menu (to the 1-9 keys like in previous ES games), I haven't looked again into my gamepad XD.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"