By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - is it too late to get current Gen consoles

Sounds like you should go with the PS3 if you don't like paying for online and are most interested in the exclusives each console has to offer. I would suggest the Wii but it sounds like most Nintendo IPs aren't to your liking. To put it simple.... Go buy a PS3.. Now, I must go vomit for recommending Sony.

Around the Network

never say never,

why not pick one up they are much cheaper now and have some great deals,whichever one you choose

i only know psn and i enjoy that too,i'm sure xboxlive and wiware(or whatever nintendo have) are the same

i have a PC too but its not a mega super one or anything

Above & Beyond

MasterVG71782 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Its not to late but next gen will be here in late 2012 so i would hold off especially if you plan on getting a 360 or PS3. Due to the fact that the next generation will start out probably around the 400-500 mark. Don't want to blow 300 right now on a 360 or 250 on a PS3 and then just to see the next gen start a year later.

There's the thing about backwards compatibility, plus there are so many cheap games floating around now that even if you spend $300 on a new PS3 (most expensive), you're going to be able to get cheap games for it. Plus, I never try to buy the first generation of consoles, either, because that's when most of the problems occur.

True enough 

Dont waste your $$ just stick with your PC a while longer then go next gen

StevenKreg said:

The problem with going next gen right out of the gate is that most of the problems that occur in consoles usually show up in the first wave of the systems, which means that in 2-3 years time, he would most likely need to buy another system to replace his old one.

Around the Network
MasterVG71782 said:
StevenKreg said:

The problem with going next gen right out of the gate is that most of the problems that occur in consoles usually show up in the first wave of the systems, which means that in 2-3 years time, he would most likely need to buy another system to replace his old one.

true classic example is the YOLD and RROD

No, it´s not too late...we´re probably 2 years away, at least, from all next generation consoles being released...still plenty of time for you.

BasilZero said:
Just go with the Nintendo Wii if you are worried about the system errors on HD consoles, I've had my Wii since 2007, had no problems with it whatsoever.

But I purchased my ps3 like 3 weeks ago lol, no problems with it either so far.

Nintendo's always have been associated with quality in their hardware (apart from the NES), although I think any disc-based system might eventually wear down to the point of breaking if it's used a lot.

PS3

I would say at this stage to get a ps3. I think the nextbox will release before the ps4. Also if you dont like to pay for online its good. I haven't played their exclusives but they do look good.