By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD November: X360 #1 - 1.7M, PS3 900k~,Wii - 860k, 3DS 795k

Nsanity said:
Whats with all the number spinning?

what spin?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

Well done Sony for these better than expected numbers!

The battle for December between Wii & PS3 in USA will be quite interesting (360 will be first there obviouslly.

thx1139 said:
OK MS where is the PR?

Is this what you were looking for?

Microsoft, following the NPD report, has revealed that it was once again the top selling console for the month, putting up an impressive 1.7 million units sold for Xbox 360 in the US in November (up 23% year-over-year and double the Wii's numbers). This was largely expected after news broke that Xbox 360 sold almost one million just during Black Friday week.

Xbox 360 held onto 49% of the current-gen console market and it was the ninth consecutive month Xbox 360 has had more than 40 percent of the console market share, and Microsoft also said it was the eleventh straight month the Xbox was the top selling console in the US.

Microsoft continues to push Xbox 360 forward with its customers, having just completelyrevamped the console's dashboard (which some indies have voiced displeasure with), and the company believes it will further capitalize on the holiday momentum in December.

"Demand for Xbox 360 has never been stronger, and we are expecting to see even bigger sales numbers recorded in December, particularly in the weeks leading up to the holidays," Microsoft stated.

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/xbox-360-tops-consoles-with-17-million-sold-in-november/

Is it fair to say that Don Mattrick has been the right guy to put the 360 on top?

I hate him.

Euphoria14 said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
Wii and 3DS quite overtracked, PS3 and DS quite undertracked. X360 spot on.

DS is overtracked too. VGC predicted 455k while NPD reports sales of 350k.

True, my bad.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
thx1139 said:
OK MS where is the PR?

Microsoft, following the NPD report, has revealed that it was once again the top selling console for the month, putting up an impressive 1.7 million units sold for Xbox 360 in the US in November (up 23% year-over-year and double the Wii's numbers). This was largely expected after news broke that Xbox 360 sold almost one million just during Black Friday week.

Xbox 360 held onto 49% of the current-gen console market and it was the ninth consecutive month Xbox 360 has had more than 40 percent of the console market share, and Microsoft also said it was the eleventh straight month the Xbox was the top selling console in the US.

Microsoft continues to push Xbox 360 forward with its customers, having just completelyrevamped the console's dashboard (which some indies have voiced displeasure with), and the company believes it will further capitalize on the holiday momentum in December.

"Demand for Xbox 360 has never been stronger, and we are expecting to see even bigger sales numbers recorded in December, particularly in the weeks leading up to the holidays," Microsoft stated.

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/xbox-360-tops-consoles-with-17-million-sold-in-november/

Hmm, no mention of being the #1 selling console WW for 2011?  Wonder if they dropped that or if we will get more PR releases in the near future.

thismeintiel said:
Nsanity said:
thx1139 said:
OK MS where is the PR?

Hmm, no mention of being the #1 selling console WW for 2011?  Wonder if they dropped that or if we will get more PR releases in the near future.

That doesnt seem like PR from MS? They wouldnt say that Indies arent happy about new dash.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

pezus said:
D-Joe said:
ethomaz said:
The 90k down adjustment made in PS3 this week became a new future 150k UP adjustment .

ah,i don't really think it only up in BF week since NPD is for whole month

Yeah, so maybe 90k for BF week and 60k for rest of the month. And that's only in the US mind you.

The most important thing is these new numbers could change the VGC sales algorithm and the PS3 sales for the next week can be better .

pezus said:
D-Joe said:
ethomaz said:
The 90k down adjustment made in PS3 this week became a new future 150k UP adjustment .

ah,i don't really think it only up in BF week since NPD is for whole month

Yeah, so maybe 90k for BF week and 60k for rest of the month. And that's only in the US mind you.

different market is different

i know what you think and what you want,but be patient until January 2012

I am NOT happy