By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD November: X360 #1 - 1.7M, PS3 900k~,Wii - 860k, 3DS 795k

Great ps3 numbers :) let's get a response from Sony now!

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
The 90k down adjustment made in PS3 this week became a new future 150k UP adjustment .

ah,i don't really think it only up in BF week since NPD is for whole month

the ps3 is less doomed again.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

So I guess it's time for Nintendo to start using ''Nintendo family'' like Sony used to do when PS3 was getting its ass kicked. =P Seriously. Good numbers for all. X360 numbers are of course amazing and PS3 also having its best november ever. Wii also did good. Of course not compared to usual monster Wii numbers of the past but pretty much compared to everything else. These ''bad'' Wii numbers are pretty much same as ''record'' PS3 numbers so it should just remind us what kind of scary numbers Wii used to pull... 3DS also selling amazingly when you consider that this is its first november in US. Are those actually record first november numbers for any console?

Troll_Whisperer said:
Wii and 3DS quite overtracked, PS3 and DS quite undertracked. X360 spot on.

DS is overtracked too. VGC predicted 455k while NPD reports sales of 350k.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

These npd numbers seem pretty wrong.

Wii must have sold pretty bad in the first 3 Nov weeks like, sub 250k?

enrageorange said:

fantastic ps3 numbers. Why the fuck did they not show off their black friday numbers. Sometimes sony pr guys are so silly. 

It seems to me to be a pride thing.  If Sony isn't in 1st, they usually don't give direct numbers, just percentages so others can figure it out.  To me it's silly.  The PS3 is doing great.  Who cares if the 360 is doing better?  The US may not be the "strongest" market for The PS3, it is still a great market for it.  So if I were Sony, I'd give the numbers, regardless.

@ OP

Congrats to VGC for being spot on with the 360's numbers.  Still seems there needs to be some adjusting in the estimate equations, as Nintendo systems seem to be constantly overtracked, while Sony systems seem to be undertracked.  Though, I'm sure this time of year is nuts for tracking sales.  I also knew the PS3 did better on Black Friday week.  Even if it came in 3rd behind the Wii, it was by a small difference.

Whats with all the number spinning?

OK MS where is the PR?

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.