By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tecmo-Koei purchases Gust, the developer of the Atelier series.

MasterVG71782 said:
Marteds said:
Tecmo Koei/Gust to Make Atelier Social Games

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-12-07/nikkei/tecmo-koei/gust-to-make-atelier-social-games

Either this will help give the series more exposure, or the milking has begun!

I dunno, perhaps I'm overly worrying but this is one of the worst conclusions to this buy out that I can think of.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
MasterVG71782 said:
Marteds said:
Tecmo Koei/Gust to Make Atelier Social Games

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-12-07/nikkei/tecmo-koei/gust-to-make-atelier-social-games

Either this will help give the series more exposure, or the milking has begun!

I dunno, perhaps I'm overly worrying but this is one of the worst conclusions to this buy out that I can think of.

I'd worry, too, although I haven't personally played any of the Atelier games (I only own Rorona, but plan on buying Totori and Meruru). Fom everything I have read of people's opinions, the Atelier series is a very good one in terms of gameplay. I know we've seen a lot of bad things happen when a company gets bought by a big company or when a merger happens.

I just know that I will miss the extras that NISA almost always put into games they publish.

Hmm...will this affect the disgaea series as well?

I am sure the atelier series will be fine......if not then they might not have went this route.

mantlepiecek said:
Hmm...will this affect the disgaea series as well?

that's directly developed by NIS themselves so it's unrelated except that Gust characters will likely be harder to get as guests.

I'll give Tecmo the benefit of the doubt

Maybe Gust can teach Omega Force a thing or 2....o r3....or 4

Around the Network

Hopefully Tecmo Koei allows Gust to do want they want. Also does this mean that there will be no more extras that come with the Atelier Series? I haven't seen Tecmo Koei release much in terms of extras such as artbooks etc. for their games.

Saintdante said:
Hopefully Tecmo Koei allows Gust to do want they want. Also does this mean that there will be no more extras that come with the Atelier Series? I haven't seen Tecmo Koei release much in terms of extras such as artbooks etc. for their games.

I don't see much happening on that front, unless NIS America happens to make a deal with Tecmo Koei to keep publishing some games (which won't happen with the fact that TK would be losing money on that deal).