By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U listed for €450 at Carrefour

In Carrefour (biggest french mall), they are prereserving WiiU at 450€.

http://online.carrefour.fr/electrome...7484_frfr.html

Seems to match up the 400 pounds that Zavvi asks:

http://www.zavvi.com/games/consoles/.../10475210.html

Iwata's comment on the price:

Quote:

"This is not going to be cheap."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454683

Around the Network

it begins!

^_^

I wouldn't read too much into Carrefour's price listing, but certainly I'd be surprised if the console launched at sub-$300, considering it's likely to exceed the PS3 in power and come packaged with a potentially expensive controller. That said, the recent PS3 and 3DS launches should serve as a cautionary tale for Nintendo about the dangers of launching consoles at relatively high prices. I think we are going to be kept guessing about price until E3 2012.

B-b-b-but there is not even a release date!

Edit: Probably there were just trolling...  :) this is what it reads when you go to the link.

Oups !

Désolé, cette page n'existe pas ou n'est plus disponible.
Veuillez nous excuser de la gêne occasionnée

I doubt that'll be the final price. But if it is then Nintendo are doing it wrong.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

Nintendo hasn't even unveiled final details on the console at all, and likely some aspects are still up in the air

There is no way anything is knowable this early in the game

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

spurgeonryan said:
That is just crazy. What is that in american currency? About 600 dollars?

Everything is cheaper in America. €1=$1 for most technology products. For example, PS3 is $249 in America but €249 in Europe. Same with all consoles.

So that'd put WiiU at $450.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

spurgeonryan said:

Just shy of 603 dollars yes. ;)

If that is true, no way am I buying one untilll it hits at least $400, not for the rumored specs anyway, for 450 euros I expect bang for my buck.

spurgeonryan said:

nice guess, almost hit the number. =)

@topic:

I think its a Placeholder, simply to enable pre ordering. .. No Way in Hell this thing will be successful with that pricetag. 'The Core' Will wait a Year to get the superior Xbox and Playstation, while Kid's cant, and casual players dont want to pay that much... my guess would be 349,- as final price (Which is still too much for most people) , but well, just my thoughts.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Did they learn nothing from the 3DS?

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.