By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Here comes Star Trek 2 (again)! Peter Weller in - Del Toro out. "Update"

Tagged games:

The new Star Trek movie wasn't as bad as I though it would be and I didn't miss Shatner, but since I'm not a trekie(?) I may be the minority.

Del Toro is a good actor so he will do a good Khan, but we'll see how it goes.

Also I don't know how they can put Shatner in the film being Kirk (if you saw the movie you know what I mean).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Just no. Any Trekkie can tell you why.

WII Code: 1732 3363 1704 6441

Personally i think the new Star Trek film was reasonabily good. i think the story couldve been a bit tighter, the thing that made it work was Kirk and Spock.

i dont think Khan should return, mainly because hes been done already, in what many fans would consider a definitive iteration of the character. why do it again? theres so many different villains and stories they could do rather than this.

spurgeonryan said:
A203D said:
Personally i think the new Star Trek film was reasonabily good. i think the story couldve been a bit tighter, the thing that made it work was Kirk and Spock.

i dont think Khan should return, mainly because hes been done already, in what many fans would consider a definitive iteration of the character. why do it again? theres so many different villains and stories they could do rather than this.

My guess would be that they are trying to stay away from regular star trek as much as possible. Borg, would be one example. Although first Contact was great!

First Contact was awesome; but the same thing goes for that really, the Borg have been done to death in the tv series. they are perhaps a more relevant villain, in the sense Khan is just a guy who hates Kirk. the Borg are philosphically against everything the Federation stands for. they are a force of nature. and i would love to see an origin story with them. Khan not so much; people will love it for nostalgia. i doubt it will be that good.

Thoroughly enjoyed it but then I am not so foolish as to think I own the franchise, and no mistake this IS a franchise that its fans think they own.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
Around the Network

Loved the new Star Trek movie, definitely looking forward to the sequel.

They can leave William Shatner out though...

I liked the J.J.Abrams Star Trek movie more than any other Star Trek. Then again, I've never been a Trekkie to begin with. Star Wars rules (the prequels don't exist!)

Signature goes here!

The best thing to come out of the prequels is the Clone Wars cartoons they are pretty sweet and way better than the films themselves.

I actually have the entire original Star Trek Enterprise series which I purchased on HD DVD back in the day, that surely counts for something. I still however rate the last movie and found myselfs wanting to see how these new characters grow.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
TruckOSaurus said:
I liked the J.J.Abrams Star Trek movie more than any other Star Trek. Then again, I've never been a Trekkie to begin with. Star Wars rules (the prequels don't exist!)

Just when I was going to say how great you were for liking the J.J Abrams Star Trek movie, you decided to take a shot at the Star Wars prequels, quite dissapointing :P

I also prefer the Abrams movie btw, I've always preffered the shows over the original movies anyway.

Millenium said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Just when I was going to say how great you were for liking the J.J Abrams Star Trek movie, you decided to take a shot at the Star Wars prequels, quite dissapointing :P

I also prefer the Abrams movie btw, I've always preffered the shows over the original movies anyway.

The Star Wars prequels deserve all the shots taken at them.

Signature goes here!