By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox Beats out PlayStation on Google, Bing 2011 Searches

The number of variables when looking at either brand from this perspective makes it hard to glean any data that is actually useful.

To compare Xbox and PlayStation specifically, people might be searching for any of the following terms:

PlayStation + 2, 3, Portable, Vita, Network
PS
PS1
PS2
PS3
PSP
PSV
PSN

Xbox + 360, Live, Kinect
X360
XBL

Then you have issues with some terms being more common/popular than others, determining how popular these terms might be, variants of these terms like "PS 3" or "PS Vita", typos, etc.

And I'm sure some people just type in the number 360, like "360 controller" for example, but the number 360 could reference a myriad of different things, making its inclusion useless.

So yeah, this entire analysis is pointless.

And there's a certain bit of irony in me going through all this trouble to point out its pointlessness, I s'pose.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Seece said:
I'm surprised, I though Sony fans/presence dominated the web.

The most popular search was "what to do when my Xbox broke down", so that explains why the results lean towards Microsoft's console.

Weak rol. '2011 searches'

i wasn't interested to begin with and now i know why. why in gods name would anyone be searching for a box unless they were planning to pack stuff in them to move. hell you don't need google for that.

ps3 fanboys are too busy playing their exclusives these days... no time for googling.