By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart: Double Dash - limited editions?

Hey,

I was searching the web for "Double Dash" - never had it myself, we played my former flatmate's copy all the time. But it is one of my favourite games ever, so I decided to get me a copy. 

Anyway, only now I learned that there were several "limited editions", but I'm somewhat confused. I knew there was a Double Dash GC bundle, but the game inside didn't have a special cover (only difference being that it said "not to be sold separately"). Then there was a "Platinum edition" of that bundle. Then there was one that came with the special Zelda collection disk, right? 

But on top I found another 2 "limited editions" I'd never heard of, one with a silver cover, one with a gold cover, and with a cardboard sleeve too... When and where and why were these released?

So, who knows all about the different editions and can educate me? I'd love to get a gold one in good condition. 

Thanks for your info and hints!

Around the Network

I remember the special editions you had to preorder they came with demos and videos on a special disc and some gba transfer thing i think.

Mad55 said:
I remember the special editions you had to preorder they came with demos and videos on a special disc and some gba transfer thing i think.

Ok, cool. But do you know something about the differences between silver and gold editions, or their packaging, or if there were any other goodies included? Thx!

My cousin bought the special edition with the Zelda Disk. On the Disk were The Legend of Zelda (NES), The Adventure of Link (NES), OOT (without Masterquest - N64) and Majoras Mask (N64).

Sorry I cant remember special versions of games back then are hard to find info on as well.

Around the Network

Supposedly it looks like this:

Edit: Want.