By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ps 3 price cut coming soon ?

albionus said:
PS3 sales are getting so bad Sony will have to cut its price sooner rather than later if it wants to have any chance of pulling off a #2 showing this generation.  Whether even that will work remains to be seen.  I'm sure glad I don't own Sony stock or work in their accounting department right about now. 

Actually, Sony has been doing quite well against nintendo and microsoft.

Around the Network

I'd say Nintendo is doing a little better:

Even worse, Sony is exactly where it was five years ago

If they can hold off a pricecut until after next christmas-season they probably should, since the price might actually work in their favour then...

Speculation 1: If people dont know wich product is the best, they tend to assume the priciest equipment is.

Speculation 2: And if you are going to  squeeze a console from your parents, why not go for the 600 dollar console if you arent paying for it yourself?

Speculation 3: Of course, those same parents might decide that the360 and the PS3 are equal so if they dont have specific orders to get the PS3 they might decide to get the cheaper one.

Might be a tad bit early to think about christmas, but the sales are so huge then they have to be a factor for Sony. 

triple post

triple post

Around the Network

big lol @ the graphs by using different lenghs of time u can make a share price development look both bad aswell as good. I guess the most appropriate is using the launch month as a starting point for nintendo and sony since they launched around same time which neither of u did.

Do you guys think the price cut is going to be good for the PS3?

Ok, obviously: PS3 price decreases > PS3 sales increase

BUT: 

If PS3 drops $100 then I think X360 would also drop by $100

SONY) PS3 is still at $500! Sales will increase, but how much???

MS) X360 premium is now at $300. Now, I think this would convince lots of current PS2 gamers to jump to next gen. 

While a price cut would help PS3 sales, if MS drops the price as well, I think the sales gap between the two would only widen...