By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Battlefield 3 banned in Iran? Dead Island Banned in Germany.

Tagged games:

thranx said:
scottie said:
enrageorange said:

I couldn't find the invading the USA campaign Could you give me a link to it please?

I was looking and i cannot find a single game that has even been banned in the us. 

That's because no-one is dumb enough to make a commercial game that would be banned in the country that sells more than a third of all video games :P

Around the Network
scottie said:
enrageorange said:

I don't understand your first comment, I gave you multiple examples of games where the goal is to conquer America and then you add a new specification to fufill your agenda. Give me 10 minutes and I'll find a game about playing as China invading the United States and I'm sure you will make up an exception to that. And Iran also neither has the desire nor capability to invade the USA either so I fail to see why its relevent to post that.

As for your bottom comment, that is very very different. The United States didn't ban the game at all. Military stores chose not to stock it because they feared criticizm from their customers, us military personel. The game was sold everywhere in the United States, just not in government controlled stores where the government are actually allowed to chose what to buy and sell. If america tried to ban any game in public stores because you controlled Iranians invading America they would get sued by so many different organizations and lose and eventually be forced to sell it.

It was the 6th word I said in this thread, how is it a NEW specification?

Go on, find a single game, with only the initial conditions I gave.

1) It is not banned in the USA, if it were banned, that would pretty much prove my point.

2) You are invading the USA. It doesn't have to be the capital (ie like BF3), but you need to be invading, as opposed to defending.

3) The country has to be a credible threat to the modern USA. I will accept any of China, Korea or any Middle Eastern country. Russia is no longer a threat, nor is Britain.

If you can do that, then I acknowledge I was wrong.

you do realize Russian Army is far more dangerous and capable than N Korean as well as any middle eastern military?

Player1x3 said:
scottie said:
enrageorange said:

you do realize Russian Army is far more dangerous and capable than N Korean as well as any middle eastern military?

Yes, but the Russians aren't going to invade the USA. They don't have the motive anymore. The cold war is over, Russia has embraced capitalism.

I could expect something like this from Iran, but every time I see this happen in Germany or Australia I'm like WTF? I can't believe a democratic country can do something like this. It's such a discrimination towards videogames too, because the goriest movie on earth wouldn't get banned.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.