By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Lady on tram gives her views on modern day Britain

Britain at it's finest, 'fraid there are a lot more close minded morons like that roaming the street and supporting her right to be vocal in such manner (Looking at my Facebook news feed is enough proof - where people keep claiming that justice system is skewed towards immigrants just because muslims don't get prosecuted for burning poppies etc but the British get prison sentence for spray painting mosque - again, saying that without knowing the full story).

Waiting for media like the Sun and Daily Mail to brain wash the rest of their target audience tomorrow and blow this around on the minorities.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network

She got arrested

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/11/28/woman-arrested-over-racist-rant-in-my-tram-experience-youtube-video-115875-23595377/

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

You can really get arrested in Britain for hurting someone's feelings, wow...

NotStan said:

Britain at it's finest, 'fraid there are a lot more close minded morons like that roaming the street and supporting her right to be vocal in such manner (Looking at my Facebook news feed is enough proof - where people keep claiming that justice system is skewed towards immigrants just because muslims don't get prosecuted for burning poppies etc but the British get prison sentence for spray painting mosque - again, saying that without knowing the full story).

Waiting for media like the Sun and Daily Mail to brain wash the rest of their target audience tomorrow and blow this around on the minorities.

Actually they did, also dont see why people shouldn't get sent down for spray painting a mosque. And TadpoleJackson, so to you, racism isn't an offence worth dealing with?

TadpoleJackson said:

Did you watch the video? I hope she stays in prison for a long time - but our court system is so soft, she'll probably only get a few months

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
TadpoleJackson said:

it was racist and disrupting public peace.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Spedfrom said:
I feel so sad for the poor kid. Just sitting there on his mother's lap and having to be an indirect victim of her raging stupid rant. Hopefully her influence on him won't amount to very much.

This is good, however: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/11/28/woman-arrested-over-racist-rant-in-my-tram-experience-youtube-video-115875-23595377/

How is arresting someone for speaking their mind a "good" thing?

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

This is very interesting; i think the biggest problem in this country is the school system and thats down to the government. but i dont hate this woman. shes been failed by the system which is why she thinks the way she does.

as a coloured man myself, i'm not an idiot, i can see where shes coming from. shes worked hard probabily most of her life, and she has to watch her tax money go to providing houses and ammenities like cars for immigrants. (and there are many immigrants coming into this country who dont work) and she might even watch jobs go to them rather than her friends and family. maybe she cant afford things for her own kids, its very difficult as a mother to watch other peoples lives knowing you cant provide your children with the same life. this is what we refer to as the "haves and the have nots". in the UK there is now a racial divide in this dichotomy.

so as controversial as this maybe. shes saying what i think a lot of people feel. of course i cant agree with her, but at the same time i dont deny shes coming from a semi-rational viewpoint.

myself, i've work extremely hard, i feel the state school system failed me. i feel the government has failed me. and i believe society has failed me. i've had to work at extreme levels of human endurance while trying to maintain a university/college education. and thats what i'm doing now. and i believe its not the immigrants who are to blame but society and the government who are failures.

shes the product of a failed system. and that system will continue to fail with a Conservative adminstraton.

SecondWar said:

And TadpoleJackson, so to you, racism isn't an offence worth dealing with?

Not by the police, no 

M.U.G.E.N said:

it was racist and disrupting public peace.

If you read the tweet it specifically mentions the "law" she broke. Disturbing the peace is another law in the UK. 

radishhead said:

Did you watch the video? I hope she stays in prison for a long time - but our court system is so soft, she'll probably only get a few months

Yes, I did. A few months is way too long for being a jackass. A few hours is way too long.

why are you bringing racism into it,she is talking about her country and culture,you may not agree with it but don't think it wouldn't happen anywhere else in the world

Above & Beyond