By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up!! 19th November (Europe Up!)

zuvuyeay said:
Jexy said:
Hmm... I wonder if it will always take this long to get the numbers up? If it takes 2 weeks to get the numbers in from everyplace and to split it up properly... too much work for VGChartz on a weekly basis? Or is this just because it's the first time?

i doubt it,but seems like a crazy time to change the whole databas,not that i know what that involes,lol

I just saw that they were STILL getting IN some numbers though... I mean, if it takes that long to get them in... then they have to sort them all out by country.  I just worry they may have bit off more than they can chew.  Or maybe they need some extra help?   I'm sure they planned on having this all ready for the holidays, so they figured let's do it a week before, but well... It was supposed to be up Friday, then Sat, then Sun, then Mon, it's Tues and we don't have half the countries yet?  I'm just saying it may be too difficult for the number of people working on that to get it up every week?

BOOM!  FACE KICK!

Around the Network

I didn't really cared about all those different charts...if I watched something then it was the Japanese chart (media create) and the worldwide charts, I even did not see the software charts before Worldwide was up but I am nto pleased to see we only have now a top 30 :(. I miss the days that I would check the new top 200 chart and spend like an hour checking every game and his LTD.......

@ioi if I advertise for Vgchartz on other forums with a nice Vgchartz signature can I be semi-Vgchartz pro member and see the top 200 again???

*_* all the chars are gone.....No global charts before september 2011..*_*

I didnt know Xbox stomped PS3 that bad in UK.

pezus said:
Just saw that the 360 and PS3 versions of MW3 are basically tied. How the hell?

This. Those MW3 numbers are really weird. X360 version higher than PS3 (in totals) despite that in every other chart besides UK the PS3 version has sold more. I have really hard time to believe that UK can offset the whole other Europe especially as the difference wasn't that big between the two versions. HW numbers seem to be somewhat off also. PS3 got smallest boost last week out of big three despite MW3 launch but X360 got huge boost. This week both had pretty similar reduction. Weird.

Edit. Oh. you meant WW this week. Well Japan launch explains that.

Around the Network

@jexy

but i'd assume they would get the numbers in by country anyway in the old style so i doubt it will normally take this long,it is just effecting all the data probably and they are trying to fix it up as they go

teething trouble

Above & Beyond

pezus said:
Just saw that the 360 and PS3 versions of MW3 are basically tied. How the hell?

MW3 just launched in Japan for that week giving the PS3 version a much higher number than usual.(180k vs 30k for PS3 vs 360) It will be back down next week as Japan's MW3 numbers drop off.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Pavolink said:
kopstudent89 said:
Europe numbers up! Zelda flops :(
  • USA - 535k
  • Europe - 188k
  • Japan - 165k

900k FW, maybe 1M.

Clearly we differ but with so many big games out recently making people pick and choose I think these numbers are good. 

Why put into place a work in progress change at the busiest time of year? The worldwide hardware needs a regional breakdown on the first page even if that is by means of tabs.

Although the software totals are up they are not being reflected on the game sales page for example the ps3 version of skyrim is only showing the 1st week sales

This is to messy right now and sure I don't pay for it, but I take my time to visit this site and I expect better. Hopefully thi can all be sorted out by next week

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

Seece, it's probably best just to close this tread if that can be done and make a new one once the numbers are finalised. That way peeps can comment on what matters.....the numbers.