By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 10 Million XBox Live Users!

@words of wisdom
Is obvious your just trolling my post, thanks since it least gives it a bump :)

By the way I pay for cable both TV and internet which is more a month than a whole year subscription of xbox live and that piece of crap has gone down alot more than xbox live.  You know what they give me? Nothing.

Around the Network

Also, I have 3 XBL accounts. I am sure many of you have more than one, but you are still the buying power of one.

So all those Silver accounts don't add up to sales

elnino334 said:
@words of wisdom

Trolling... right.  That's why no one is suing Microsoft right now about it.  Oh, wait...

Words Of Wisdom said:
elnino334 said:
@words of wisdom

Trolling... right.  That's why no one is suing Microsoft right now about it.  Oh, wait...

yes because all lawsuits are valid.  Hell I should hit up my cable company asap!  How about we sue ioi for not having the number up on time or for having a trojan infected site for months? 

Words Of Wisdom said:
gebx said:

Because AIM and Yahoo Messenger have never had downtimes or stability issues?

No one pays for AIM or Yahoo AFAIK. 

If AIM is down once a year, you're not losing any money or losing use of a service you have paid for.  Xbox Live on the other hand...

Downtime sucks.. MS is seing that its members are repaid for the problems occured during the holidays.

What do you get if AIM or Yahoo is down? nada!

And comparing AIM and Yahoo messenger to Xbox Live is a desperate trick by a sour fanboy. Neither have anything in common. You're comparing a PC for free, social network to a Xbox only gaming network.

Why don't we compare PS3's to Penguins? Both are partially black but the Penguin works better underwater... therefore Penguin is better then PS3??

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

I have had a gold account since ... dang like 4-5 years. I have lost count. I had it when all I could do was message folks and race against them. It has really come a long way. I don't compete online that much, but it's nice to go online and game and download sick stuff as soon as it hits, and not wait a week.

And contrary to popular belief, you can pay as little as $30 off eBay for a 12-month subscription shipped.

While I would love free online gaming, and the downtime was a huge bummer, LIVE has been really, really stable for the 4-5 years I have been on it.

And ... 10 million users - regardless if they are silver or gold, is pretty cool. Does that number include jokers on the original Xbox as well? 

I'm not sure which is more depressing, the fact that there is a lack of understanding of the difference between a free service and a paid for service or the fact that some people feel that companies withholding or unable to render paid for services for any period of time is acceptable.

@ WOW

You never cease to give out your words of wisdom. lol

Words Of Wisdom said:
I'm not sure which is more depressing, the fact that there is a lack of understanding of the difference between a free service and a paid for service or the fact that some people feel that companies withholding or unable to render paid for services for any period of time is acceptable.

LoL Nobody said it was acceptable but more like sometimes there isn't much you can do about it.  I tried to change my internet from cable but you know what? Where I live is the only high speed internet available LoL.  So should I go to dial-up or stick with high speed though here and there it may act up?  As others have mentioned xbox live has been fairly stable though here and there it has acted up.  If you want shit to be perfect then go start your own service that runs 24/7 perfectly LoL.   omg xbox live was crappy for a couple of weeks out of 2 + years I am going to sue and cry about it LoL.

Words Of Wisdom said:

Are you serious???

You're the dumbass who brought up the free services... you're the one who's comparing both even though they don't even belong in the same category.

And who the hell feels that was acceptable? Even MS admitted it wasn't acceptable.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)