By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Party 2007 / Hashimoto said "Nintendo + Square = ???

WiiGirl76 said:
Most likely PS3 only anyway. These days I'm far more interested in what a Namco or Level 5 has to announce instead of a Square Enix as you can be 90% for sure it's a spin off or a remake.

wow compared to pre annoucement you've certainly changed your tune

Around the Network

The Chocobo Mysterious Dungeon for Wii. That's it. ~_~

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

jstam said:
WiiGirl76 said:
Most likely PS3 only anyway. These days I'm far more interested in what a Namco or Level 5 has to announce instead of a Square Enix as you can be 90% for sure it's a spin off or a remake.

I'm just not as enthusiastic about Square anymore ever since they announced Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus. I do still buy games from them which are developed by SE, such as FF CC, FF Tactics DS. There was big hope for me when they announced us Nintendo fans would be very pleased, another hit right in the face I can tell you as it turned out to be a dissappointment from Square's side.

Level 5 is just my most favorite developer already since Dark Cloud and even more thanks to Dark Chronicle and Dragon Quest VIII and the upcoming DQIX. With Dragon Quest Swords Square Enix has only the opportunity to release the game, as they're holding the license of the game, but Genius Sonority is still the developer despite what other people might think.

That's why we haven't seen an International version yet of DQVIII

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

WiiGirl76 said:
jstam said:
WiiGirl76 said:

I'm just not as enthusiastic about Square anymore ever since they announced Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus. I do still buy games from them which are developed by SE, such as FF CC, FF Tactics DS. There was big hope for me when they announced us Nintendo fans would be very pleased, another hit right in the face I can tell you as it turned out to be a dissappointment from Square's side.

Level 5 is just my most favorite developer already since Dark Cloud and even more thanks to Dark Chronicle and Dragon Quest VIII and the upcoming DQIX. With Dragon Quest Swords Square Enix has only the opportunity to release the game, as they're holding the license of the game, but Genius Sonority is still the developer despite what other people might think.

That's why we haven't seen an International version yet of DQVIII

This isn't as combative of a response as I first recall.  Oh well you've gone and ruined my "don't get on WiiGirls badside but I wouldn't since your user id is WiiGirl, etc." response.

The PSP got more anouncements than the DS...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Enix may have shifted a bit, which is good news for the three Americans who like DQ, but Square's still totally in bed with Sony.

how much are sony paying square? honestly not a flame question but how much would of square wanted to stay loyal to sony?

They will stay loyal for at least one major release. If it sells poorly then I would expect a change.