By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Party 2007 / Hashimoto said "Nintendo + Square = ???

I think he thought we'd be crapping ourselves over a 3D remake of FF4 or something. What the HELL, Square?

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Around the Network

Wait til Spaceworld.

DKII said:
Well that was a bust as far as the whole "Nintendo fans will be really excited!" thing went. Every new game shown was for PS3 or PSP.

Bu bu you forgot Parasite Eve 3 was announced! For CELLPHONES!

No really.....what the hell is next man. Square sucks now days, the whole conference was a bust. Reannouncements of remakes and a bunch of nothing on titles we already knew about. Oh.... and a new Ehrgeiz'ish game......

DO NOT WANT.

(LOL @ Neo GAF)

Whats next square!?

What a load of crap! The so called special anniversary announcement is some stupid fighting game, a bunch of remakes and the rest of the stuff we already know.... except of SOIV, but that one is developed by Tri Ace. SE is hard in the run to become the most hatred developer (not publisher). Don't know for the most of the people but I'm not stupid enough to throw around with money to buy a console for only 1 idiot game, which will have a remake in less then 2 years in Japan! Because that's what SE only does these days, making remakes from older and newer games (ala International version) and even charge the full price for it!

And warming up the Nintendo fans with what as new? Right... NOTHING... games which we already knew about! Do they think we gamers, with a DS / WII are a bunch of dementing retards or something?

*kouch*, sorry but it pisses me off a bit

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

hands board a tissue, honestly u guys built this up way too much

Around the Network

Dragon Quest Pocket Monsters. Gotta catch 'em all!

I was really disappointed I have to say. And not just for the lack of Wii announcements - for the general lack of "killer" announcements. That said - there are definitely still more FFXIII announcements coming, as well as a Kingdom Hearts announcement... and a "new" Star Ocean. Maybe E3... its not that far away...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Most likely PS3 only anyway. These days I'm far more interested in what a Namco or Level 5 has to announce instead of a Square Enix as you can be 90% for sure it's a spin off or a remake.

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

Well I'm not as interested in Square as much as others here but it was pretty disappointing to read almost a month ago that as Square and Nintendo fans we'll enjoy the show then only to watch as they talk about several PS3 and PSP games plus a bluray only movie (!?). I am much more interested in the Enix half of the company so hearing that DQ:Swords is pretty cool was good news. Aside from just not caring that much about Square games I also would cut some slack, maybe over the last month the company decided it's too early to reveal whatever Wii or DS game he was referring to last month. Either that or they lied, I don't care too much.

So what exactly did they announce with regards to Nintendo?

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)