By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - UbiSoft products dropping PC ports?

Tagged games:

Joelcool7 said:
NiKKoM said:
Joelcool7 said:

thread title: UbiSoft products dropping PC ports.

First sentence: Well UbiSoft hasn't officially said they will be ditching PC across the board,

Please edit your thread title.. misleading title or I'll ask for a lock

Its not misleading at all, UbiSoft products dropping PC ports, these two games are UbiSoft products dropping PC ports and the indication of the thread topic is entirely about UbiSoft beginning to drop all PC ports. It is in no way misleading What I'm supposed to name both titles in the thread, then add on that it probably will continue with future Ubi releases, how large do you expect my title to be?

I'm sorry but it was in no way misleading an accurate title based on the info of the OP.

Again I laugh at Seece quoting the article I sourced, I'm sorry people but reading the source material won't get you the entire article or contents of my OP. I used multiple sources this time from talking with UbiSoft developers personally, email correspondence , Twitter as well as multiple articles including this one with the quotes. I am not about to track down every Tweet, quote every email and source every contact at UbiSoft. If you want to actually know what is being said, you'll just have to read the OP. But I must say it is pretty straight forward and you will get most of it from the interview.

Anyways its condescending for people to actually think I use one single source when creating threads or that the one source I place is going to cover the entirety of my topic.

Yeah it's for the people that don't want your opinion though! 'Talking with Ubisoft developers personally' uh huh.

But, you're right. If this is just an opinion thread, I'll just go remake this topic with the source (seen as opinion threads on news arnt classed as posting the actual news.)

Around the Network

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=137036

Here is a thread to talk about this news.

Joelcool7 said:

Iblablaba

expect my title to be?

blabla

UbiSoft products dropping PC ports?

and with that questionmark you change the entire thread into a thoughtfull insight into Ubisoft handeling of PC games instead of an misguided opinion stated as Fact..

ow look.. Assassins Creed: Revelations is coming out on PC next month.. well there goes the thread...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Seece said:
Joelcool7 said:
NiKKoM said:
Joelcool7 said:

First sentence: Well UbiSoft hasn't officially said they will be ditching PC across the board,

Its not misleading at all, UbiSoft products dropping PC ports, these two games are UbiSoft products dropping PC ports and the indication of the thread topic is entirely about UbiSoft beginning to drop all PC ports. It is in no way misleading What I'm supposed to name both titles in the thread, then add on that it probably will continue with future Ubi releases, how large do you expect my title to be?

I'm sorry but it was in no way misleading an accurate title based on the info of the OP.

Again I laugh at Seece quoting the article I sourced, I'm sorry people but reading the source material won't get you the entire article or contents of my OP. I used multiple sources this time from talking with UbiSoft developers personally, email correspondence , Twitter as well as multiple articles including this one with the quotes. I am not about to track down every Tweet, quote every email and source every contact at UbiSoft. If you want to actually know what is being said, you'll just have to read the OP. But I must say it is pretty straight forward and you will get most of it from the interview.

Anyways its condescending for people to actually think I use one single source when creating threads or that the one source I place is going to cover the entirety of my topic.

Yeah it's for the people that don't want your opinion though! 'Talking with Ubisoft developers personally' uh huh.

But, you're right. If this is just an opinion thread, I'll just go remake this topic with the source (seen as opinion threads on news arnt classed as posting the actual news.)

lol actually yah I met and talked with multiple developers from both Ghost Recon Online and Future Soldier at PAX. Got some contacts with members of UbiSoft Montreal and the frag dolls but honestly I don't know why everyone wants to have the frag dolls contact info. I always go first for the actual developers.

Maybe Seece if you want to actually talk with people who work on the games you should go to PAX or E3 and actually get some contacts. Then again I'm not completely sure you don't go to E3 and if you do then you should have contacts. The whole point of going to a game convention is to make contacts and try out the latest products.

In fact I am just getting in contact with a marketing exec at NOA right now, couldn't locate him at PAX myself. But a buddy of mine got his business card for me. It also helps to go to a game convention with a group and share contacts, of course I still don't have any Presidents or current CEO's in my contact list. I would if I was employed by a reputable company, unfortunately my last high up sources from Acclaim, Midway and Propaganda (As far as CEO's and Presidents go) are all gone as their companies have gone under.

But maybe you should actually go out and talk with the developers and studios. P.S emailing the studios and publishers won't get you all the best contacts you'll get put on a media list and sent all the regular media updates. If you want real contacts you need to meet the developers in person or have a friend who does.

Right now just biding my time before I give David Jaffe a call, I want to be employed by an actual site or magazine/paper before I contact him again. Nobody that high wants to talk to a fan who is an ex-journalist they want to talk to a big site journalist. But then again I'm sure Seece that you have David and Reggie and all the other execs on speed dial right, I mean you work on one of the biggest gaming sites around. You should have no problem making contacts.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Joelcool7 said:
Seece said:
Joelcool7 said:
NiKKoM said:
Joelcool7 said:

lol actually yah I met and talked with multiple developers from both Ghost Recon Online and Future Soldier at PAX. Got some contacts with members of UbiSoft Montreal and the frag dolls but honestly I don't know why everyone wants to have the frag dolls contact info. I always go first for the actual developers.

Maybe Seece if you want to actually talk with people who work on the games you should go to PAX or E3 and actually get some contacts. Then again I'm not completely sure you don't go to E3 and if you do then you should have contacts. The whole point of going to a game convention is to make contacts and try out the latest products.

In fact I am just getting in contact with a marketing exec at NOA right now, couldn't locate him at PAX myself. But a buddy of mine got his business card for me. It also helps to go to a game convention with a group and share contacts, of course I still don't have any Presidents or current CEO's in my contact list. I would if I was employed by a reputable company, unfortunately my last high up sources from Acclaim, Midway and Propaganda (As far as CEO's and Presidents go) are all gone as their companies have gone under.

But maybe you should actually go out and talk with the developers and studios. P.S emailing the studios and publishers won't get you all the best contacts you'll get put on a media list and sent all the regular media updates. If you want real contacts you need to meet the developers in person or have a friend who does.

Right now just biding my time before I give David Jaffe a call, I want to be employed by an actual site or magazine/paper before I contact him again. Nobody that high wants to talk to a fan who is an ex-journalist they want to talk to a big site journalist. But then again I'm sure Seece that you have David and Reggie and all the other execs on speed dial right, I mean you work on one of the biggest gaming sites around. You should have no problem making contacts.

Blah blah blah, I'm being 100% honest here I literally cannot make it past your first sentance without just skipping it all, I'd be surprised if you got hired cos all you do is rabble on about NONSENSE. Said it once and I'll say it again, you talk a lot, without saying anything of much interest, just a crap ton of filler.

But It's not fair to derail another of your threds. In future I shall just post the source content and the link to the thread which is reporting the news so people can talk about that, rather than your opinion (which is clear as day you think incredibly highly of, no doubts about that now.)

But like I said, rest assured I'll no longer derail your threads, apologies

Around the Network

Ubisoft owns the Settlers and Anno series (exclusive pc)

non-gravity said:

No this is about PC Ports from console games  like Driver they released last month.. or NCIS, TinTin, Rocksmith and Assassins Creed PC versions coming next month.. or the announced PC versions of: Brothers in Arms: Furious 4, Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed 3 and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Patriots...  Joelcool found out they aren't coming.. none of them..  and that's not an opinion but fact.. he has inside sources..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
non-gravity said:

No this is about PC Ports from console games  like Driver they released last month.. or NCIS, TinTin, Rocksmith and Assassins Creed PC versions coming next month.. or the announced PC versions of: Brothers in Arms: Furious 4, Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed 3 and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Patriots...  Joelcool found out they aren't coming.. none of them..  and that's not an opinion but fact.. he has inside sources..

Wait, there's a new BIA in production? Cool!

Jay520 said:
NiKKoM said:
non-gravity said:

No, it's been cancelled, didn't you read the thread title?

Seece said:
Jay520 said:
NiKKoM said:
non-gravity said:

No, it's been cancelled, didn't you read the thread title?

I'll be getting it on console, so it really doesn't affect me.