By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft: New IP On the Way

MasterVG71782 said:
Darth Tigris said:
Seece said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
FANTASTIC! now hoping these will be (at least some) for genre I enjoy

Think the unlikely genres are JRPG's, Platformers :( and RTS.

I'm thinking this is more along the lines of first party exclusives, which Rayman is neither.

Oh I know.  It was supposed to be Rayman sad about the future of platformers.  Like I am too ...

Around the Network
Darth Tigris said:
MasterVG71782 said:
Darth Tigris said:
Seece said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
FANTASTIC! now hoping these will be (at least some) for genre I enjoy

Think the unlikely genres are JRPG's, Platformers :( and RTS

I'm thinking this is more along the lines of first party exclusives, which Rayman is neither.

Oh I know.  It was supposed to be Rayman sad about the future of platformers.  Like I am too ...

While it's not like it used to be, it wasn't too bad of a year for platformers. There were some major releases like Super Mario 3D Land, LBP2, Rayman Origins and Sonic Generations (I'm sure I'm forgetting some), plus all of the platformers released on Steam, XBLA, PSN and other platforms.

About damn time!
Lets see if this new IP ever sees the light of day.

another kinect exclusive

MasterVG71782 said:
yo_john117 said:
Millenium said:
Really glad they're focusing on expanding their IP base, a few more great games are always welcome!

Really hoping for at least 1 game to be along the lines of Beyond Good & Evil, or Jade's Empire, or at least a game of that sort, we need more of those!

Yes a new Jade Empire game would be an awesome addition to have in the 360's library. I can't really understand why they won't make another Jade Empire game.

Well, Bioware made Jade Empire and since they're a part of EA and we all know EA likes multiplats, I don't see another one being made and being exclusive to MS (I would guess that MS helped with the development of Jade Empire?).

I was under the impression that MS owned the Jade Empire IP

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
MasterVG71782 said:
yo_john117 said:
Millenium said:
Really glad they're focusing on expanding their IP base, a few more great games are always welcome!

Really hoping for at least 1 game to be along the lines of Beyond Good & Evil, or Jade's Empire, or at least a game of that sort, we need more of those!

Yes a new Jade Empire game would be an awesome addition to have in the 360's library. I can't really understand why they won't make another Jade Empire game.

Well, Bioware made Jade Empire and since they're a part of EA and we all know EA likes multiplats, I don't see another one being made and being exclusive to MS (I would guess that MS helped with the development of Jade Empire?).

I was under the impression that MS owned the Jade Empire IP

I would think they do, but I wouldn't bet on Bioware being the development team for a new game with the name, since they're under EA's helm.

Maybe we will get a Fable FPS game!!!! I kid.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

hmmm hope it is the next halo for MS. And i don't mean it technically has to be a shooter either. Just as successful as halo.