By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii outsels PS3 3 to 1 in Japan

http://www.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idUSTFA00293420080107

'nough said.  

Around the Network

OH no, the PS3 is doomed and so will all of humanity.....

Who cares, the Wii deserves great sales figures as it managed to address a huge new group of customers outside of the so called "hardcore" crowd. Good for them.

Doesn't mean the PS3 or 360 is doing extremely badly because of this. We get these senseless fanposts every day and after me there will be some more fanboys who will say: You are right, but.....and it will eventually turn out in another pointless bashing by people who own more games then IQ points.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

Not really, that's actually a long and interesting story.

It has been as high as 7-1 for some months, I think there was a week where PS3 won, and a week where Xbox360 was above PS3. Japan has had some weird trends this year.

Alright, I lied, it was short and boring. Also, I can't guarentee that the PS3 was ever ahead.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

vgchartz enterbrain
wii 713,153 774,123

ps3 208,303 232,421
x360 34,639 38,994

enterbrain uses 5 weeks data. vgchartz did a good job.

the Wii is an epidemic.

The PS3 is still doing good in Europe so there's really no more need to cry doom and gloom for the PS3 than there is the 360.

Congrats to the Wii, but of course, good luck getting anyone not on the Wii bandwagon to acknowledge the Wii is on the same playing field as the 360 or PS3.

Around the Network

Wow, just as lingyis said, vgchartz is pretty much on par with enterbrain.. good stuff!

hmmm, only 3:1? o.0
I mean it's allot so don't get me wrong ok, but I say this because at one point use to be 6:1.

Troll_Monster said:
hmmm, only 3:1? o.0
I mean it's allot so don't get me wrong ok, but I say this because at one point use to be 6:1.

Back when it was 6:1 the PS3 was in its biggest game drought of the year, the Wii was seeing steady releases of "OK" games, and the PS3 was more expensive ... To outsell the PS3 in a month when both systems have a decent game line-up and the PS3 had a recent price reduction is still pretty big.