By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How far are you in Skyward Sword?

Tagged games:

How Far Are You?

I am in the Intro 31 15.42%

I just beat the 1st dungeon 27 13.43%

I am like in the middle 26 12.94%

I am not that far from being finished 22 10.95%

I am done 50 24.88%

I have no idea how far I am 23 11.44%

Neutral 22 10.95%

Total:201
lestatdark said:
d21lewis said:
RolStoppable said:
d21lewis said:
Just finished it. Awesome game. As a game, I give it a 9/10. It had a lot of flaws. Also, no torch lighting and no boomerang? WTF? Probably the easiest Zelda game I've ever played, too. Not once did I ever get stuck or not know what to do or where to go. I didn't get any of those "AHA!" moments. Then again, I didn't have to consult a guide, either.

On a satisfaction level, I give it a 10/10. I beat it with my kid watching and when those credits started rolling, we both were smiling and, yeah. I'll admit it. My eyes got a little sweaty--she was crying, though. Game of the year, hands down. I played a lot of stuff from 2011 and Skyward Sword is the tops. I'll try Hero Mode, some day.

Well, that's good for you. For me it wasn't even Wii game of the year 2011.

It was definitely the hardest 3D Zelda since Majora's Mask though. Then again, you might have talked solely about the puzzles.

Heck, the only time I saw the "Game Over" screen was when didn't beat one of the bosses fast enough.  I got game over like five times on that one!  None of the enemies were ever tough enough to take me down--I even beat the last boss on my very first try! 

Was it the 2nd or the 3rd form of that boss that you couldn't beat fast enough? 

Myself, I didn't had any trouble with any form (heck, my record time for the 3rd form on the Boss Rush is 1:45 and for the 2nd is 1:30), mostly because it was darn easy to use the geysers to get above him and the secret weapon on the arena makes it quite easy to stun both forms.

And the final boss was indeed pretty easy, heck, I only got hit once on both phases. The two bosses prior to him were much harder.

When my partner couldn't get to his bomb supply and I had to run to him.  I would get to the top pretty quickly.....only to realize I was on the opposite side of the arena.  One time, I totally made it in time and when I got shot from the catapult, I missed the boss!!

Around the Network

Completed now playing on Hero Mode.

d21lewis said:
lestatdark said:
d21lewis said:
RolStoppable said:
d21lewis said:
Just finished it. Awesome game. As a game, I give it a 9/10. It had a lot of flaws. Also, no torch lighting and no boomerang? WTF? Probably the easiest Zelda game I've ever played, too. Not once did I ever get stuck or not know what to do or where to go. I didn't get any of those "AHA!" moments. Then again, I didn't have to consult a guide, either.

On a satisfaction level, I give it a 10/10. I beat it with my kid watching and when those credits started rolling, we both were smiling and, yeah. I'll admit it. My eyes got a little sweaty--she was crying, though. Game of the year, hands down. I played a lot of stuff from 2011 and Skyward Sword is the tops. I'll try Hero Mode, some day.

Well, that's good for you. For me it wasn't even Wii game of the year 2011.

It was definitely the hardest 3D Zelda since Majora's Mask though. Then again, you might have talked solely about the puzzles.

Heck, the only time I saw the "Game Over" screen was when didn't beat one of the bosses fast enough.  I got game over like five times on that one!  None of the enemies were ever tough enough to take me down--I even beat the last boss on my very first try! 

Was it the 2nd or the 3rd form of that boss that you couldn't beat fast enough? 

Myself, I didn't had any trouble with any form (heck, my record time for the 3rd form on the Boss Rush is 1:45 and for the 2nd is 1:30), mostly because it was darn easy to use the geysers to get above him and the secret weapon on the arena makes it quite easy to stun both forms.

And the final boss was indeed pretty easy, heck, I only got hit once on both phases. The two bosses prior to him were much harder.

When my partner couldn't get to his bomb supply and I had to run to him.  I would get to the top pretty quickly.....only to realize I was on the opposite side of the arena.  One time, I totally made it in time and when I got shot from the catapult, I missed the boss!!

That almost happened to me on the main game fight (missing the boss on the last shot). Luckily, even though I had an overshot trajectory, Link hit the ring above the boss's head and fell right onto the weakspot xD.

I found out later that abusing the hell out of the giant geyser in the middle of the bottom level was the way to go for super fast times against all forms. Just go to the top level and roll your way to it's head (also works wonders against that last part of the final form).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I beat hero mode 2 days ago. I didn't try the boss rush this time, too hard. Just beat RER in normal, not so hard.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

What's the difference between hero mode and regular mode?

Around the Network

Double Damage for everything, no hearts in the grass until you get a heart medal, but you have an upgrade sword from the start and all your collected items.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

Luthor said:
Double Damage for everything, no hearts in the grass until you get a heart medal, but you have an upgrade sword from the start and all your collected items.

That sounds pretty sweet!  Gonna have to give it a shot after I clear some of my backlog.  I was ready for Zelda to end because it was taking so long to get to the ending.  Still, part of me never wanted the game to end.

I'm not far at all.
First Dungeon and I haven't even beaten it yet. XD

spurgeonryan said:
Someone should make a Link falling in lava montage.

D21, take a look at the cheat page. I think it explains it there if no one else tells you.

Lol...?

d21lewis said:
Luthor said:

That sounds pretty sweet!  Gonna have to give it a shot after I clear some of my backlog.  I was ready for Zelda to end because it was taking so long to get to the ending.  Still, part of me never wanted the game to end.

Actually, you have the Goddess Sword and have to upgrade it all over again, but this time, the Skyward Slash has the same power and charging time as the True Master Sword. When you get the TMS on Hero Mode, the Skyward Slash charges instantly, so you can spam it. And you only get to keep collection items (bugs and materials), losing everything that you have upgraded till then (potions, equipment, etc.).

If you have a shitload of Rupees (I ended up with the full 9900 rupees), there's a neat trick you can do to carry at least half of that amount to Hero Mode. If you go to the waterfall in Skylof at night and play the harp near a group of butterfly, you'll summon a gossip stone that's called the Moonlight Merchant, which sells you all kinds of upgrading materials. Spend your entire wallet on Dusk Relics (200 rupees a piece) and then when you go to Hero Mode, and are able to summon the Merchant again, you can sell them back for half the price. So for 9900 rupees you can buy 49 Dusk Relics for 9800 Rupees and sell them and keep 4900 Rupees, more than enough for any upgrading need on Hero Mode.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"