By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How far are you in Skyward Sword?

Tagged games:

How Far Are You?

I am in the Intro 31 15.42%

I just beat the 1st dungeon 27 13.43%

I am like in the middle 26 12.94%

I am not that far from being finished 22 10.95%

I am done 50 24.88%

I have no idea how far I am 23 11.44%

Neutral 22 10.95%

Total:201

Just finished the Earth dungeon and opened up the Lanryu portal. Logged off for the day. Yeah, I'm very late. I was one of the first ones that bought the game (with the Gold Wii-Remote, too!) and I've just started playing a few days ago.

Anyway, I haven't read any posts in this thread because I want to avoid spoilers. I just wanted to post my impressions.

-The game looked really bad to me when I first started. Now, it looks simply stunning. I went from playing it with the game taking up about a 3rd of my TV (to give the impression of better quality), to playing full screen with low sharpness, to playing full screen with the TV in "Game Mode". I find myself smiling at the game's colors, animation, and atmosphere.

-Music: Simply beautiful. Familiar and magical with amazing quality. I use my gaming headphones when I play.

-Story: Again, somewhat familiar and yet not what I expected at all. If this game had voice acting, I can only imagine how amazing it would be. It's like a Disney story. Fantastic depth and really tight narrative. The best in the series and I know I'm just getting started.

-Gameplay: The star of the show. The most innovative and best playing game I could have hoped for. I keep finding myself thinking, "I wonder if I can....." or "What would happen if..." and always being impressed with the results. Miyamoto is the king of his craft. That's all I can say. I play this game and I'm smiling like a schoolkid again. Like some have said, after playing Zelda like this, I don't know if I can go back.

Around the Network

Beat the game about two weeks ago. Second favorite Zelda game of all time. A Link To the Past> Skyward Sword>Ocarina of Time

Completed it and started a new file in Hero Mode last week. I won't start actually playing it anytime soon, though.

Named my character "Shortpants" in Hero Mode, by the way. Joke's on you, Scrapper! (Well, actually it's "Shrtpnts". Stupid letter limitations.)

Finished it about a week ago.

I'm in the Lanaryu area. Every time I figure out how to progress when I'm stumped, I just love the game more and more. Unfortunately, I hit one of those time changy crystals and the game totally froze up on me. Figured that was a good place to stop and get some house work done.

Around the Network

I'm at the end sometime before Christmas; I'm not sure if I want to beat it yet...
This game is actually so fun, it reminds me so much of Link To The Past. I wish it was longer, with bigger worlds and have powerful items like the medallions in LTTP

I'm going to get the 3rd flame. Killed fantastic bosses, astonished how good is this game. Some hour from the end... Then I'll start hero mode.

AstroMaSSi rules

Just finished taking care of business in "Grooseland". I sorta feel sorry for the guy.......

Just finished the second best water dungeon, ever. Love the whip weapon! Boss fight was friggin' epic. Now, to try some side missions.

d21lewis said:
Just finished the second best water dungeon, ever. Love the whip weapon! Boss fight was friggin' epic. Now, to try some side missions.

I think this is just the best boss and the best temple of the game together. Brillant in every aspect even the boss theme.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com