By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW UP 12th of November

shanbcn said:
psrock said:
I have no idea why we argue over these numbers when I am 100% sure they will be different a month or two from now. Congrats to the 360 though, huge deals leads to huge sales.


We will get HW adjustments but not SW since these are hardly ever changed if game is multiplat. Anyway we still get enough figures to guess close to correct figures and it seem thats not enough.


Software numbers  change all the times. Vgchartz has been very good lately with numbers, but there are few things I expect changes. 



 Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
goforgold said:
Seece said:



1. no I'm not, I'm just not congratulating nor am I shocked it did roughly the same as it did last year

2. Jesus Christ man do you know what happens to a console when it's official price drops lower than $199, there's literally a similarity between every console, do you not know what that is....

3. a bundle and or/including a deal in almost EVERY major territory on the biggest game of the year that have only gotten bigger...EVERY YEAR,  during the holiday no less. really? how low did you guys think it was going to do??? 10k... 11k??? honest question

You really don't get it do you. The 360 has been at $199 for many years now, past what is normally a peak for a console (actually way past it) so for it to be almost flat in its 6th year (3rd year at the same price) and to not have the buzz of Kinect launch, yes, that is amazing. I know exactly what happens to a console when it goes $199. Do you know what normally happens to a console 3 years AFTER it's gone $199? obviously not seen as you're not surprised by its sales.



 

psrock said:
shanbcn said:
psrock said:
I have no idea why we argue over these numbers when I am 100% sure they will be different a month or two from now. Congrats to the 360 though, huge deals leads to huge sales.


We will get HW adjustments but not SW since these are hardly ever changed if game is multiplat. Anyway we still get enough figures to guess close to correct figures and it seem thats not enough.


Software numbers  change all the times. Vgchartz has been very good lately with numbers, but there are few things I expect changes. 


Not really looking at MW3 difference between PS3 and 360, i will like to know breakdown by country to see where did 360 sell anywhere near 43% of PS3 MW3. The only region where there might bt 50/50 share will be NZ and Australia. In rest of the EMEEA PS3 COD easly outsell 360 one by 70-80%, remember im talking about countries other then UK since we already know how much it sold there.



Black Ops was adjusted up last year, so if we are wrong, yes they will be adjusted. People need to stop getting their knickers in a twist.



 

Seece said:
goforgold said:
Seece said:
goforgold said:

It's CHEAP!! one of the cheapest consoles on the market and have been so for 3 years, price cuts are meaningful to expensive consoles, that shit aint rocket science

any console that cost $199 and still NEEDS  to cut it's price in order put up high sales (in the holidays no less) is a FUCKING....FAILURE

 

It's average selling price is much higher than $199, and now above the PS3's. Regardless, we're 6 years in and it's doing the best its ever done at this point in time (better than 2008 and 2009), that was sega's point.

You seem intent on trashing the 360 though, keep it up, you won't last long.

who the hell is trashing the 360

You

I'm just saying given the 360's selling price mentioning that fact that hasn't had a price cut is redundant

No it isn't. The fact it manages to be flat/up yoy with no cut in 3 years is not redundant.

oh and cleaver leaving out 2010, I wonder why *rolls eyes*

Because it's down a mere 19k yoy without the buzz from the Kinect launch, pretty damn impressive.



Will it still be impressive when PS3 wins 2011?



Around the Network

IMO based on the number of online players I think MW3 is under tracked on the PS3.



shanbcn said:
psrock said:
shanbcn said:
psrock said:
I have no idea why we argue over these numbers when I am 100% sure they will be different a month or two from now. Congrats to the 360 though, huge deals leads to huge sales.


We will get HW adjustments but not SW since these are hardly ever changed if game is multiplat. Anyway we still get enough figures to guess close to correct figures and it seem thats not enough.


Software numbers  change all the times. Vgchartz has been very good lately with numbers, but there are few things I expect changes. 


Not really looking at MW3 difference between PS3 and 360, i will like to know breakdown by country to see where did 360 sell anywhere near 43% of PS3 MW3. The only region where there might bt 50/50 share will be NZ and Australia. In rest of the EMEEA PS3 COD easly outsell 360 one by 70-80%, remember im talking about countries other then UK since we already know how much it sold there.

It's very hard to get those numbers. I just don't see how MW3 is so close in Others, it makes no sense. 



 Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Seece said:
Black Ops was adjusted up last year, so if we are wrong, yes they will be adjusted. People need to stop getting their knickers in a twist.


But we already have enough figures from past to know that 360 version doesnt sell close to PS3 in EMEEA. In France MW2 first week share was 37 for 360 and 30% for Blops, PS3 is keep outselling 360 so share might be even lower for MW3. Similar figures in Spain where Blops share was just 18% for 360 version till the end of 2010. Cant say anything about Skyrim since its possible in EMEEA both are closer to each other but we have enough evidence its not the case in for COD.



psrock said:
shanbcn said:
psrock said:
shanbcn said:
psrock said:
I have no idea why we argue over these numbers when I am 100% sure they will be different a month or two from now. Congrats to the 360 though, huge deals leads to huge sales.


We will get HW adjustments but not SW since these are hardly ever changed if game is multiplat. Anyway we still get enough figures to guess close to correct figures and it seem thats not enough.


Software numbers  change all the times. Vgchartz has been very good lately with numbers, but there are few things I expect changes. 


Not really looking at MW3 difference between PS3 and 360, i will like to know breakdown by country to see where did 360 sell anywhere near 43% of PS3 MW3. The only region where there might bt 50/50 share will be NZ and Australia. In rest of the EMEEA PS3 COD easly outsell 360 one by 70-80%, remember im talking about countries other then UK since we already know how much it sold there.

It's very hard to get those numbers. I just don't see how MW3 is so close in Others, it makes no sense. 

I just went to go actually check Black Ops launch, and it was a 170k gap launch. The gap here is 10k, so it's a 160k gap this time.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is how you lot seem to think this is 100% wrong. As if the bundles on 360 did nothing and that Modern Warfare COD games sell better (ratio wise) on 360 than Treyach ones ... you're all squabbling over 160k with those two facts in mind?



 

Seece said:

I just went to go actually check Black Ops launch, and it was a 170k gap launch. The gap here is 10k, so it's a 160k gap this time.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is how you lot seem to think this is 100% wrong. As if the bundles on 360 did nothing and that Modern Warfare COD games sell better (ratio wise) on 360 than Treyach ones ... you're all squabbling over 160k with those two facts in mind?


I'm sure you know you're talking to blind PS3 fanboys by now right? :p  Of course those facts mean nothing.  Facts?  Please.  We're basing this on PS3 love.  And by we, I mean them.  I'm sure the numbers will revert more towards PS3 for the game once the MW3 bundles are mostly gone.



BOOM!  FACE KICK!