By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Mario Kart 7 Thread

Tagged games:

Is it me, or the 3 stars rating on the cups are much easier to get now? I eased through all 50cc cups with three stars and did 3 cups on 100cc with 3 stars as well without trying, and I did some pretty shitty laps on 100cc.

Btw, Wario's Galleon = My current favourite track in any MK game

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Is it me, or the 3 stars rating on the cups are much easier to get now? I eased through all 50cc cups with three stars and did 3 cups on 100cc with 3 stars as well without trying, and I did some pretty shitty laps on 100cc.

It isn't as easy as Mario Kart DS is it, that game was so easy that I tried to not win races but manged to win them with some ease.

Rainbow Yoshi said:
lestatdark said:

It isn't as easy as Mario Kart DS is it, that game was so easy that I tried to not win races but manged to win them with some ease.

The difficulty of the races is pretty much the same. Whenever you go into higher cc's, luck and skill take a much higher prevalence, but it's the same as on MKDS and Wii. 

But it does seem easier to gain 3 stars. On MKDS, whenever I went below 2nd place, even if I did manage to win the race, I knew I wouldn't get a 3 star rating on that cup, but on MK7, I went below 2nd place a lot on the 100cc cups and still managed to get 3 stars because I won all the races.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:
lestatdark said:

The difficulty of the races is pretty much the same. Whenever you go into higher cc's, luck and skill take a much higher prevalence, but it's the same as on MKDS and Wii. 

But it does seem easier to gain 3 stars. On MKDS, whenever I went below 2nd place, even if I did manage to win the race, I knew I wouldn't get a 3 star rating on that cup, but on MK7, I went below 2nd place a lot on the 100cc cups and still managed to get 3 stars because I won all the races.

Wait until you get to try 150cc out. One Blue Shell in the final lap means 2nd place. And you must get first in all to get three stars in 150cc >_<

routsounmanman said:
lestatdark said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:
lestatdark said:

Wait until you get to try 150cc out. One Blue Shell in the final lap means 2nd place. And you must get first in all to get three stars in 150cc >_<

I really hope that happens, but Blue Shells aren't that annoying to me (except in that case). What I most hate are the pinpoint Lightning strikes just when you're climbing a hill or close to the edge of the track making you fall down and lose a shitload of time and 6 coins >__>.

Current PC Build

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:
lestatdark said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:
lestatdark said:

Hell, on the first 150cc Cup I tried, I got the first on every track and I still only have two stars!  I figured first place in each track was all I had to do to get three.  Maybe I was too sloppy with my victories--but that's not my fault.  The AI oponents were relentless!

I agree with the three stars being much easier to get. Much less occurring blue shells help. :P

So. Maka Wahu is completely forbidden territory for online play? That glitch pretty much ruins any kind of competitive chance if even just one player uses it >_>.

Current PC Build

RCTjunkie said:
I agree with the three stars being much easier to get. Much less occurring blue shells help. :P

Less occurring blue shells? XD

I did my first 150cc cup and on Shy Guy Bazaar whenever I went to 1st I got hit by one, for a total of four times during the entire race. That screwed me out of the three stars completely (only managed to get 2nd place). 

I've seen blue shells up to three, four times at a race, but there's also races where there's no blue shell (though the frigging high amount of lightning makes up for it )

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
RCTjunkie said:

Less occurring blue shells? XD

I did my first 150cc cup and on Shy Guy Bazaar whenever I went to 1st I got hit by one, for a total of four times during the entire race. That screwed me out of the three stars completely (only managed to get 2nd place). 

I've seen blue shells up to three, four times at a race, but there's also races where there's no blue shell (though the frigging high amount of lightning makes up for it )

Actually yes, quite less than say, MKWii. They are both worse and better, though. Better because they also strike all those in line behind you, worse because they push you either back or to the side, causing you to fall off...

Also, because the AI (at least in 150cc) is quite competent, a single Blue Shell in the final lap usually means defeat.

PS: Is it just me or it is much more difficult to seperate yourself from the competition (both online / AI)? I'm usually much better than half my opponents (they don't even boost or snake) and we're all packed together, making the races too volatile, especially because of the dreaded Blue Shell and Lighting Bolt...