By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Mario Kart 7 Thread

Tagged games:

lestatdark said:
Galaki said:
So, I should try playing on 3G and win with lag?

3G is the blue shell of internet connection for MK7. A permanent blue shell

@routsounmanman - The three green shells combo is a deadly one on races where there's no lag involved. Myself, I love the three bananas or the Bo-omb. I can aim that bastard like a boss xD. 

Bom-omb is my worst item by far, both avoiding it and using it!!! When I get one, I usually just pop it on my ass and release it before my next item box... Super deadly with Green Shells, though, love them.

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:
lestatdark said:
Galaki said:
So, I should try playing on 3G and win with lag?

3G is the blue shell of internet connection for MK7. A permanent blue shell

@routsounmanman - The three green shells combo is a deadly one on races where there's no lag involved. Myself, I love the three bananas or the Bo-omb. I can aim that bastard like a boss xD.

Bom-omb is my worst item by far, both avoiding it and using it!!! When I get one, I usually just pop it on my ass and release it before my next item box... Super deadly with Green Shells, though, love them.

Same here, I can hit 4 people with 3 green shells! :P

I noticed the online game is way more unstable on 3DS than on Wii.

With the Wii version I have never had any error or connection lost, but with the 3DS it can happen.

Other than that, the game is great. Is there a Vgchartz community?

Lucas-Rio said:
I noticed the online game is way more unstable on 3DS than on Wii.

With the Wii version I have never had any error or connection lost, but with the 3DS it can happen.

Other than that, the game is great. Is there a Vgchartz community?

There is, here's a link to it: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=138002&page=1#

In case anyone's wondering, I'm "Jamal" on MK7.

Around the Network

Great racing today guys.
CyberNinja, I'll get your ass next time, lol.

Wii U Nintendo Network ID, Borode

XBOX Live ID, Borode

IamAwsome said:
In case anyone's wondering, I'm "Jamal" on MK7.

Thanks, I was wondering myself. See you next time then.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

Rage-quitting is easier in this game, i've noted. A quick click of the fingers and you pop the cartridge out

Quite a bad day online today, as i've been consistently winning before, and then ended up with two 6th/7 place showings on Maka Wuhu for no reason at all today (everyone just seemed to be faster than me. Last time this happened was in Kart DS and it was only later i found out everyone was snaking but me), though that wasn't what got me. A last-second raccoon tail hit on one race that put me from 3rd to 8th got me clicking the cartridge out

I wonder if it was using Wario that got me... I balanced it out to fix the acceleration problem a bit and actually had quite significant speed, but did not perform as well as i have with Shy Guy, Daisy, or Koopa...

And how the hell can you get a 40 point win (and being more than 10 points ahead of 2nd place!) in a cup but not get the 3 stars? What arbitrary criteria are they going for here?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Rage-quitting is easier in this game, i've noted. A quick click of the fingers and you pop the cartridge out

Quite a bad day online today, as i've been consistently winning before, and then ended up with two 6th/7 place showings on Maka Wuhu for no reason at all today (everyone just seemed to be faster than me. Last time this happened was in Kart DS and it was only later i found out everyone was snaking but me), though that wasn't what got me. A last-second raccoon tail hit on one race that put me from 3rd to 8th got me clicking the cartridge out

I wonder if it was using Wario that got me... I balanced it out to fix the acceleration problem a bit and actually had quite significant speed, but did not perform as well as i have with Shy Guy, Daisy, or Koopa...

And how the hell can you get a 40 point win (and being more than 10 points ahead of 2nd place!) in a cup but not get the 3 stars? What arbitrary criteria are they going for here?

For the bolded - You also need more than 35 coins in a cup, in addition to the 40 points. I didn't knew what was the criteria before so I went and tested it and found that getting less than 35 coins never gave me 3 stars.

As for the rage quitting, been tempted to do it, but so far have resisted it.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Light weight have problem with tracks such as Rainbow Road SNES and DK Pass. You get bumped off easily.
Wario would have done well in those tracks.