Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre-Order Chart 12th Nov 2011

hudsoniscool said:
yo_john117 said:
Week Halo 3: ODST Halo: CEA Net Difference
11 -- 18,654/185,178 --
10 --  15,966/201,144 --
9 --  21,041/222,185 --
8 --  37,234/259,419 --
7 --  53,530/312,949 --
6 --  29,228/342,117 --
5 400,944/400,944* 29,462/371,639  -371,482*/-29,305
4 47,793/448,737  39,437/411,076  -8,356/-37,661
3 83,191/531,928  64,066/475,142  -19,125/-56,786
2 110,957/642,885  79,085/554,227  -31,872/-88,658
1 111,014/753,899  109,711/663,938  -1,303/89,961

 

I'm not sure if Halo CEA will even get to 4.5 million  in lifetime sales now. At least ME3 isn't disappointing.

 

Week Mass Effect 2 (360) Mass Effect 3 (360) Net Difference
19 1,532/24,593 17,069/296,252 15,537/271,659
18 1,272/25,865  17,073/313,325  15,801/287,460
17 1,396/27,261  15,827/329,152  14,431/301,891
16 1,578/28,839    
15 1,979/30,818    
14 5,183/36,001    
13 7,223/43,224    
12 9,944/53,168    
11 16,351/65,519    
10 19,966/89,485    
9 35,852/125,337    
8 21,379/146,716    
7 23,306/170,022    
6 12,794/182,816    
5 25,808/208,624    
4 37,877/246,501    
3 64,655/311,156    
2 79,129/390,285    
1 85,497/475,782    

It really hasnt surprised me that CEA isnt on pace with odst. First of all odst had the reach beta, it had all of halo 3's mp, and it had better graphics than halo 3. CEA is a remake that doesnt have halo 4 beta, has worse graphics than reach,  and doesnt include any of reaches mp. It has 2 things going for it 1 its 40 bucks and 2 it doesnt have reach in the title (odst had halo 3) that way it doesnt look like an expansion. Also odst had marketing, i must of seen 10+ comercials for it. But i have seen zero marketing for CEA.

 4.5 million seams low to me. odst did 1.6 million fw in americas and id guess CEA will do 1-1.5 million. I think it will have slightly better legs than odst because its cheap. I'd say anywere from 5-6.5 million is realalistic.

 

  Ya mass effect 3 is doing great. I hope it does 4 million on 360(ME2 will pass 3 million). And halo 4 is doing great, i hope it gets 3 million pre-orders.

Well I do agree with a few things but I have to address a few things here.

1. We don't actually know if it will include the Halo 4 beta or not.

2. It doesn't have worse graphics than Reach, they are slightly better in fact. Also I have to point out that graphics do not sell a game (just look at COD)

3. It may not include any of Reach's MP but it does include 7 of the best MP maps of all time (one firefight map)

4. A $40 price is a very important thing it has going for it.

 

Also there are a few things that ODST did not have going for it such as there was no Firefight matchmaking.

 

When you add up the positives and negatives for each game there is no reason why Halo CEA isn't tracking like ODST, Although I think CEA will have nice legs (especially on Black Friday and the like) due to it's $40 pricetag.



Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
hudsoniscool said:
yo_john117 said:
Week Halo 3: ODST Halo: CEA Net Difference
11 -- 18,654/185,178 --
10 --  15,966/201,144 --
9 --  21,041/222,185 --
8 --  37,234/259,419 --
7 --  53,530/312,949 --
6 --  29,228/342,117 --
5 400,944/400,944* 29,462/371,639  -371,482*/-29,305
4 47,793/448,737  39,437/411,076  -8,356/-37,661
3 83,191/531,928  64,066/475,142  -19,125/-56,786
2 110,957/642,885  79,085/554,227  -31,872/-88,658
1 111,014/753,899  109,711/663,938  -1,303/89,961

 

I'm not sure if Halo CEA will even get to 4.5 million  in lifetime sales now. At least ME3 isn't disappointing.

 

Week Mass Effect 2 (360) Mass Effect 3 (360) Net Difference
19 1,532/24,593 17,069/296,252 15,537/271,659
18 1,272/25,865  17,073/313,325  15,801/287,460
17 1,396/27,261  15,827/329,152  14,431/301,891
16 1,578/28,839    
15 1,979/30,818    
14 5,183/36,001    
13 7,223/43,224    
12 9,944/53,168    
11 16,351/65,519    
10 19,966/89,485    
9 35,852/125,337    
8 21,379/146,716    
7 23,306/170,022    
6 12,794/182,816    
5 25,808/208,624    
4 37,877/246,501    
3 64,655/311,156    
2 79,129/390,285    
1 85,497/475,782    

It really hasnt surprised me that CEA isnt on pace with odst. First of all odst had the reach beta, it had all of halo 3's mp, and it had better graphics than halo 3. CEA is a remake that doesnt have halo 4 beta, has worse graphics than reach,  and doesnt include any of reaches mp. It has 2 things going for it 1 its 40 bucks and 2 it doesnt have reach in the title (odst had halo 3) that way it doesnt look like an expansion. Also odst had marketing, i must of seen 10+ comercials for it. But i have seen zero marketing for CEA.

 4.5 million seams low to me. odst did 1.6 million fw in americas and id guess CEA will do 1-1.5 million. I think it will have slightly better legs than odst because its cheap. I'd say anywere from 5-6.5 million is realalistic.

 

  Ya mass effect 3 is doing great. I hope it does 4 million on 360(ME2 will pass 3 million). And halo 4 is doing great, i hope it gets 3 million pre-orders.

Well I do agree with a few things but I have to address a few things here.

1. We don't actually know if it will include the Halo 4 beta or not.

2. It doesn't have worse graphics than Reach, they are slightly better in fact. Also I have to point out that graphics do not sell a game (just look at COD)

3. It may not include any of Reach's MP but it does include 7 of the best MP maps of all time (one firefight map)

4. A $40 price is a very important thing it has going for it.

 

Also there are a few things that ODST did not have going for it such as there was no Firefight matchmaking.

 

When you add up the positives and negatives for each game there is no reason why Halo CEA isn't tracking like ODST, Although I think CEA will have nice legs (especially on Black Friday and the like) due to it's $40 pricetag.

odst is only tracking ahead of CEA by 90k. i think that the fact that odst had the reach beta from the git go and frank o conner said at e3 there was no halo 4 beta accounts for all 90k plus some. Also odst had tv marketing before release while cea hasnt(from what ive seen).

  Right now its hard for me to say whether it will sell 5 million or 7. It being a remake and being priced at 40 bucks makes it hard to guess. i cant wait to play it though.i beat reach again sunday in prep.  im going to be thinking about it at work all day tomarrow. After i beat it im going to go through halo 2 and 3 agian.



Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

mantlepiecek said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:

Interesting...both the biggest PC exclusive and the biggest Wii exclusive have more preorders than the biggest 360 exclusive, even though they have more weeks left.

 

1 Star Wars: The Old Republic PC 6 62,693 865,669
 




3 The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Wii 2 98,708 691,562
4 Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary X360 1 109,711 663,938

Uh no.

Halo is the biggest IP but Gears 3 was the biggest 360 exclusive this year. Why dont you compare that to these 2 games

Because Gears isn't on the charts, you should know that.

Well then look up its final preorder count from the past and compare and contrast....after all you made a typo referring to a Halo remake as the 360s biggest exclusive when its clearly Gears 3 :P

But on topic what you see as interesting I see as embarrassing. Funny how developers have to spend such time and money to make a groundbreaking new game like those 2.......only to have a 10 year old polished remake have almost as much people caring about it. Thats what I see. 

So you are saying halo is the same old game which sells loads and other devs work harder on their projects compared to 343....gotcha.

Think a little. Halo Anniversary IS the same game. Every other Halo is amazing and builds upon a successful formula. 



Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

 

pezus said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:

Interesting...both the biggest PC exclusive and the biggest Wii exclusive have more preorders than the biggest 360 exclusive, even though they have more weeks left.

 

1 Star Wars: The Old Republic PC 6 62,693 865,669
 




3 The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Wii 2 98,708 691,562
4 Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary X360 1 109,711 663,938

Uh no.

Halo is the biggest IP but Gears 3 was the biggest 360 exclusive this year. Why dont you compare that to these 2 games

Because Gears isn't on the charts, you should know that.

Well then look up its final preorder count from the past and compare and contrast....after all you made a typo referring to a Halo remake as the 360s biggest exclusive when its clearly Gears 3 :P

But on topic what you see as interesting I see as embarrassing. Funny how developers have to spend such time and money to make a groundbreaking new game like those 2.......only to have a 10 year old polished remake have almost as much people caring about it. Thats what I see. 

Yes it almost feels like they could release yearly rehashes of the same game and still sell in huge numbers. Embarassing indeed (but not for the ones you think)

Embarassing yes....but good thing its completely hypothetical. 

Every Halo is origional and/or builds upon a successful formula. This game is supposed to be a homage to the game that started it all for the franchise. Don't dismiss it as a cash in, despite the sales itll likely pull in. 

Its the exception to the rule and you know it....or should know it. 



Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

 

hudsoniscool said:

odst is only tracking ahead of CEA by 90k. i think that the fact that odst had the reach beta from the git go and frank o conner said at e3 there was no halo 4 beta accounts for all 90k plus some. Also odst had tv marketing before release while cea hasnt(from what ive seen).

  Right now its hard for me to say whether it will sell 5 million or 7. It being a remake and being priced at 40 bucks makes it hard to guess. i cant wait to play it though.i beat reach again sunday in prep.  im going to be thinking about it at work all day tomarrow. After i beat it im going to go through halo 2 and 3 agian.

Yeah I suppose the Reach beta was a big draw. And yes I know Frank said there was not going to be a Halo 4 beta in CEA but there was a video leaked (it could have been fake) that showed something about a Halo 4 beta in Halo CEA.

I don't think it will ever get to 6 million TBH unless it has incredible legs.

 

But anways I can't wait to play it in a couple of days!



Around the Network
sales2099 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:

Interesting...both the biggest PC exclusive and the biggest Wii exclusive have more preorders than the biggest 360 exclusive, even though they have more weeks left.

 

1 Star Wars: The Old Republic PC 6 62,693 865,669
 




3 The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Wii 2 98,708 691,562
4 Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary X360 1 109,711 663,938

Uh no.

Halo is the biggest IP but Gears 3 was the biggest 360 exclusive this year. Why dont you compare that to these 2 games

Because Gears isn't on the charts, you should know that.

Well then look up its final preorder count from the past and compare and contrast....after all you made a typo referring to a Halo remake as the 360s biggest exclusive when its clearly Gears 3 :P

But on topic what you see as interesting I see as embarrassing. Funny how developers have to spend such time and money to make a groundbreaking new game like those 2.......only to have a 10 year old polished remake have almost as much people caring about it. Thats what I see. 

Yes it almost feels like they could release yearly rehashes of the same game and still sell in huge numbers. Embarassing indeed (but not for the ones you think)

Embarassing yes....but good thing its completely hypothetical. 

Every Halo is origional and/or builds upon a successful formula. This game is supposed to be a homage to the game that started it all for the franchise. Don't dismiss it as a cash in, despite the sales itll likely pull in. 

Its the exception to the rule and you know it....or should know it. 

Not sure what point you're trying to make. To be able to do remakes like this, you have to make a good game first ;)



pezus said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:

Interesting...both the biggest PC exclusive and the biggest Wii exclusive have more preorders than the biggest 360 exclusive, even though they have more weeks left.

 

1 Star Wars: The Old Republic PC 6 62,693 865,669
 




3 The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Wii 2 98,708 691,562
4 Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary X360 1 109,711 663,938

Uh no.

Halo is the biggest IP but Gears 3 was the biggest 360 exclusive this year. Why dont you compare that to these 2 games

Because Gears isn't on the charts, you should know that.

Well then look up its final preorder count from the past and compare and contrast....after all you made a typo referring to a Halo remake as the 360s biggest exclusive when its clearly Gears 3 :P

But on topic what you see as interesting I see as embarrassing. Funny how developers have to spend such time and money to make a groundbreaking new game like those 2.......only to have a 10 year old polished remake have almost as much people caring about it. Thats what I see. 

Yes it almost feels like they could release yearly rehashes of the same game and still sell in huge numbers. Embarassing indeed (but not for the ones you think)

Embarassing yes....but good thing its completely hypothetical. 

Every Halo is origional and/or builds upon a successful formula. This game is supposed to be a homage to the game that started it all for the franchise. Don't dismiss it as a cash in, despite the sales itll likely pull in. 

Its the exception to the rule and you know it....or should know it. 

Not sure what point you're trying to make. To be able to do remakes like this, you have to make a good game first ;)


Point? You implied that 343 can do yearly rehashes and still outsell games that are built from the ground up, making it embarassing for 343. 

My counter was that Halo Anniversary is the exception, as its supposed to be a remake, celebrating 10 years of the franchise.

I also like it how everybody who condescends on Halo forgets that every full Halo FPS has a 90+ score on metacritic, with spinoffs, expansions, and remakes getting in the 80's. I think to insult a game with that kind of pedigree automatically hurts your credibility. 



Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

 

sales2099 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:

Interesting...both the biggest PC exclusive and the biggest Wii exclusive have more preorders than the biggest 360 exclusive, even though they have more weeks left.

 

1 Star Wars: The Old Republic PC 6 62,693 865,669
 




3 The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Wii 2 98,708 691,562
4 Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary X360 1 109,711 663,938

Uh no.

Halo is the biggest IP but Gears 3 was the biggest 360 exclusive this year. Why dont you compare that to these 2 games

Because Gears isn't on the charts, you should know that.

Well then look up its final preorder count from the past and compare and contrast....after all you made a typo referring to a Halo remake as the 360s biggest exclusive when its clearly Gears 3 :P

But on topic what you see as interesting I see as embarrassing. Funny how developers have to spend such time and money to make a groundbreaking new game like those 2.......only to have a 10 year old polished remake have almost as much people caring about it. Thats what I see. 

Yes it almost feels like they could release yearly rehashes of the same game and still sell in huge numbers. Embarassing indeed (but not for the ones you think)

Embarassing yes....but good thing its completely hypothetical. 

Every Halo is origional and/or builds upon a successful formula. This game is supposed to be a homage to the game that started it all for the franchise. Don't dismiss it as a cash in, despite the sales itll likely pull in. 

Its the exception to the rule and you know it....or should know it. 

Not sure what point you're trying to make. To be able to do remakes like this, you have to make a good game first ;)


Point? You implied that 343 can do yearly rehashes and still outsell games that are built from the ground up, making it embarassing for 343. 

My counter was that Halo Anniversary is the exception, as its supposed to be a remake, celebrating 10 years of the franchise.

I also like it how everybody who condescends on Halo forgets that every full Halo FPS has a 90+ score on metacritic, with spinoffs, expansions, and remakes getting in the 80's. I think to insult a game with that kind of pedigree automatically hurts your credibility. 

You didn't get my correct meaning then.

Still not sure why metacritic is relevant here.



pezus said:
sales2099 said:

Embarassing yes....but good thing its completely hypothetical. 

Every Halo is origional and/or builds upon a successful formula. This game is supposed to be a homage to the game that started it all for the franchise. Don't dismiss it as a cash in, despite the sales itll likely pull in. 

Its the exception to the rule and you know it....or should know it. 

Not sure what point you're trying to make. To be able to do remakes like this, you have to make a good game first ;)

Exactly! That's why Halo is one of the very few that have actually gotten a proper remake, unlike all the other wannabe remakes



zelda should do 1 million in in NA first week easily and 2 million Worldwide with 500k in Europe/Japan each for first week.
2 Million first week will put it up there as the fastest selling Wii Game just atad behind BRawl.



---