By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How in the hell do you get banned from VG Chartz?

I've  been checking out the site more and more and I've seen more and more people banned! How do you get banned?

David

Around the Network

being rude usually, implicitely or explicitely ...

Time to Work !

If you do not follow this link: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Just say you want to beat someone (from this forum) => Banned.

Tell me to f-off and you'll see.

The Mods here are pretty quick to ban anyone ripping into another user inappropriately. IE: You can call me an idiot, but a stupid F---ing ret---ded idiot will likely get you banned.

Also people who are merely trolling too, putting insulting remarks and never adding anything to a thread.

Around the Network
Gamerace said:
Tell me to f-off and you'll see.

The Mods here are pretty quick to ban anyone ripping into another user inappropriately. IE: You can call me an idiot, but a stupid F---ing ret---ded idiot will likely get you banned.

Also people who are merely trolling too, putting insulting remarks and never adding anything to a thread.

Even calling another forum user an idiot is generally frowned upon.

Explaining why somebody is an idiot is more acceptable.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

By being Crazzyman

Actually, I do kinda object to how "banned" is getting used. To me, banned implies permanence. Really, when people get banned here, it's more of a timeout or a temporary suspension. I think I've only seen maybe 1 or 2 people actually get permabanned while I've been posting here.

Personally I approve, some people just get carried away, and while their arguments may be stupid, they do at least keep the forum from stagnating.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

The 3 big ones:

1. Trolling

2. Insulting other members

3. Posting inappropriate material

if you follow the rules and actually back up claims of idiocy you should be good. Anti-country is also majorly frowned upon so if you hate country X due to some law state it with your opinions and facts don't just blurt out "Country X is total ****, people from there are morons etc etc."

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453