By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW UP! - 5th November '11

Great numbers for all, especially 3DS. Seriously, look at the graphs and check the 3DS line. PS3 amazing, too.

Great FW for Uncharted 3.

Next week will be very interesting!

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

Great PS3 and UC3 WW.
Incredible 3DS, excellent Mario in Japan, it did its magic to give 3DS the 1st place in Japan and helped it getting it WW.
Kinect's good performance, and decent for its SW, is mainly thanks to America, as it's still quite meh elsewhere, particularly considering the huge advertising it's currently getting.
F4 will reach 1M next week.
GT5 again around 36k in its 50th week, next week it'll reach 6.7M.
MKWii will exceed 29M next week!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

RolStoppable said:
kingofwale said:

well, my question is... has it ever happened before? ;)

even in its piracy-infested days, PSP hasn't sinked this low (software-wise speaking)

I picked the same week from two years ago to give the PSP a reasonable chance and it has no games in the top 20. Is that what you were asking for?

Interestingly, Rol's post DOES answer the question. Yes it has, the DS is top selling that week with it's first game in the 19th position. :)

RolStoppable said:
Take that, PS3. You are no match for greatness.

can't for the handhelds = home consoles debate again

Still strongly doubting Modern Warefare 3 will push the 360 much over the PS3. Next week will be more interesting as I thought uncharted 3 would do little to sell the console. Hype sells consoles in America and this gen MS has shown Sony they know how to market to Americans much better than Sony.

I suspect MS will continue to dominate in America next gen because they know how to spend money wisely.

Around the Network

Next week will be interesting:
-UC3 second week: let's how that goes.
- MW3: This game is gonna be a beast. 360 will have some huge numbers, but I think PS# will see a bigger boost in sales comparing it to the last COD.
-Skyrim 3: This game is bigger on 360, but I don't see huge numbers on first week .
PS3 vs 360: I don't think MW3 nor skyrim will move a lot of hardware. But, the UC3 boost is gone, and holiday season is starting. I think they will be tied, or the 360 wins by a small margin.

So, next week will be interesting

Great numbers for PS3 and 3DS. Next week will be interesting.

Whats next week?

Next week will be interesting. (Because it hasn't been said enough already.)

UC3 will be more front loaded than UC2 for sure, but I certainly hope 30% increase on FW sales translates to at least 15% increase LT.

PS3 certainly looking hard to beat. It's EMEAA performance is quite something. I don't think Wii can be counted out as a holiday beast, but the remaining weeks of 2011 are going to be close for the 3 home consoles. PS3 looking like it might have the edge.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Xxain said:
Whats next week?

The week after this week :P

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d