By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Folklore worth it?

My kids really liked it (not sure if you'll see that as plus or negative, though!).

I thought the design and art direction looked fantastic but haven't played myself (lost in COD4 online and, rather oddly, Snakeball!).

I'd try the demo - my kids thought it played just like a pokemon game in that you had to pick right creature to fight and win others.

Around the Network

In my opinion, it is the PS3 Game of the Year.

But I suggest you try the demo, many people do not care for it.

coolestguyever said:
I think its an all right game,

plus the girl you play is hot. come on, you agree with me, you know shes hot.

kinda, but not as hot as Nariko =)

jman8 said:
I don't know if there both still in the store, but there were two different demos for the game. One was more story driven while the other was more about the battles.

yeah, they're both still there. I didn't know which one to get, or if they were different at all, so I just downloaded both.

twesterm said:

If you notice the time stamps you'll see that they are two minutes off. I generally open four or five threads at a time and then read and respond so it's pretty easy for me to miss something by two minutes.

my bad, sorry if I seemed a little harsh

I'd read reviews after playing the demo.  The demo doesn't show how repetitive the game is.  Every level has the exact same progression where you choose what kills the first guys, then what kills the middle guy to kill the big guy to kill the boss, and it takes awhile to aquire the abilities.  The spawns are always the same in a level, too.

There are also very few cutscenes, although the ones in there were good.  I dunno, maybe if I'd finished the game the story would have been worth it, but it got old quickly because the combat wasn't fun enough to get to the next story segment.

I really like it! Try the demo and see if you do!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.