By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Queen Elizabeth II has a Wii!

SeriousWB said:
Damstr8 said:
SeriousWB said:
Damstr8 said:
kinda supports the whole wii is aimed at kids and old people theory...but cool i guess

Or royalty?

My 10 year old nephew got a PS3, guess that means it's aimed a kids yes? SMH

its been said the ps3 is aimed at hardcore gamers...so according to that theory....your ten year old nephew...is hardcore?

It's been said (by me) that the PS3 is aimed at kids, and my 10 yr old nephew got one. So my theory is supported.

Anecdotal evidence makes the world go round.

queen elizabeth II = old......so mine is supported then too.....we all win

Around the Network

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I wonder what her Friends code is.

it's a good thing!! Wii is for princess and queens!! :) lolz....

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

I guess this is what they mean by "the royal Wii".

(I'll get my coat...)

Around the Network

So do we have to start referring to it as 'The Royal Wii' or 'Her Majesty's Royal Wii' now?

Cause uh, the latter just doesn't sound right.

Played_Out said:
I guess this is what they mean by "the royal Wii".

(I'll get my coat...)

D'oh!  Already posted while I was reading the thread.  But mine's still punnier.

Damstr8 said:
SeriousWB said:
Damstr8 said:
SeriousWB said:
Damstr8 said:
kinda supports the whole wii is aimed at kids and old people theory...but cool i guess

Or royalty?

My 10 year old nephew got a PS3, guess that means it's aimed a kids yes? SMH

its been said the ps3 is aimed at hardcore gamers...so according to that theory....your ten year old nephew...is hardcore?

It's been said (by me) that the PS3 is aimed at kids, and my 10 yr old nephew got one. So my theory is supported.

Anecdotal evidence makes the world go round.

queen elizabeth II = old......so mine is supported then too.....we all win

I think you missed the point.  

Just because one person owns something doesn't mean the product is only appealing to that demographic.  For instance, my grandmother has a laptop...does that mean only old woman use laptops or just that in this one instance an old woman uses a laptop.  

Or to be more direct, the point is that anecdotal evidense is meaningless in a global context, you can only assess meaning within a limited scope with any validity.  If you want to make inferences about the larger population then you need to get into proper sampling techniques to avoid sampling bias and then you can start making inferences about a population.

As for that data, a while back Nintendo released that data after doing a study, and while the Wii was certainly much stronger in the younger and older categories than any of the other consoles it retained its largest user group in the young adult age groups, I'll refrain from using exact ages as it has been a while, but I'm sure someone can provide a link to those images that showed percentage of users based on age.  The actual report included much more than that actually and is probably worth a read if you haven't seen it...that is assuming you are interested in the actual data and weren't just taking a stab to take a stab. 

To Each Man, Responsibility

I want to play online against her. I wonder if she'd like Mario Strikers Charged. Brits do like their "Football"

I wonder what she plays....Little Britain?