By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA President confirms BattleField 4!

spurgeonryan said:
If the games are popular enough, why not put them out every year until people get tired of them? Unlike football where all they can do is change up the graphics a bit, and player rosters, COD and Battlefield type games can get entire transformations from one year to the next. New locations, characters, weapons, story, etc. I do not expect to see these games go away anytime soon.

It is this mindset that will continue to stunt the creative growth of the industry.

I Really really really hate these developers.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
spurgeonryan said:
If the games are popular enough, why not put them out every year until people get tired of them? Unlike football where all they can do is change up the graphics a bit, and player rosters, COD and Battlefield type games can get entire transformations from one year to the next. New locations, characters, weapons, story, etc. I do not expect to see these games go away anytime soon.

It is this mindset that will continue to stunt the creative growth of the industry.

well from their pov, you really can't blame em. if it keeps selling and even seeing growth in sales, they must be doing something right to have such a demand. However I agree they can be a bit more creative with their work.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Xxain said:
spurgeonryan said:

well from their pov, you really can't blame em. if it keeps selling and even seeing growth in sales, they must be doing something right to have such a demand. However I agree they can be a bit more creative with their work.

yes you can

well you can but really if you were in the same spot, most likley you would milk the cash cow.

Sequels can easily turn out wrong.

How many times have we hated on a sequel when it deviates to much from the last game?

Xxain said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Xxain said:
spurgeonryan said:

yes you can

:P i guess you 'can' but it won't be reasonable

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
Has it become a custom to announce games as you're releasing the previous one in the series?

Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Saints Row and now Battlefield.

Could be announcements to please shareholders. None of these publishers is exactly swimming in money, so they need to assure everyone that they'll keep their cashcow going or even milk it more than ever before.

That makes sense and makes me sad. I don't like that shareholders have so much power over creative decissions. They often have no clue about business decissions, either...

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

M.U.G.E.N said:
Xxain said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Xxain said:
spurgeonryan said:

yes you can

reagardless of sales It is always reasonable to blame any company that promotes uncreativty and market saturation and other ufavorable tactics... ya know 2 elements that helped in the video game crash years all those years ago.

spurgeonryan said:

That would be ideal but CoD hasn't changed since the first MW, aside from the single player which isn't up to par with other single player-heavy games such as uncharted, AC, etc.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

however a lot the FPS games have bad single player campaigns these days...

You cannot solely attack COD for that.

Xxain said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Xxain said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Xxain said:
spurgeonryan said:

yes you can

reagardless of sales It is always reasonable to blame any company that promotes uncreativty and market saturation and other ufavorable tactics... ya know 2 elements that helped in the video game crash years all those years ago.

well yeah I agree on the uncreativity part, I'm just saying it makes sense they want to put it out every year considering the demand for it. I agree that they can always use some creativity behind the releases for sure.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!