By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfare 3 sells 9.3 million copies Day 1!!!

Goddbless said:
D-Joe said:
The_Joker_Product said:
Thats actually very close between the PS3 and Xbox 360. 5.02 million vs 3.91 million. A gap of only about 1 million. Just looking at the Black Ops Day 1 article from last year it says this

"Xbox 360 takes the largest proportion of sales with 59%, 36% for PS3 and the remainder on PC, Wii and DS."

PS3s share went up 8% with MW3. Xboxs share went down 7% and the others version share went down 1%.

thats before adjustment

and MW3 week one gap is likely 1.6m again like black ops

Also take into account there's no DS version this time...

What happened to the DS version? I thought it was being developed by n-Space?

Around the Network

Amazing numbers. Working the midnight launch of this was fucking insane, we had a line of 600 people at midnight

I guess this is a classic example of how real world hype and internet hype are COMPLETELY different things.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

D-Joe said:
pezus said:
D-Joe said:
The_Joker_Product said:
D-Joe said:
The_Joker_Product said:
D-Joe said:
The_Joker_Product said:
Thats actually very close between the PS3 and Xbox 360. 5.02 million vs 3.91 million. A gap of only about 1 million. Just looking at the Black Ops Day 1 article from last year it says this

"Xbox 360 takes the largest proportion of sales with 59%, 36% for PS3 and the remainder on PC, Wii and DS."

PS3s share went up 8% with MW3. Xboxs share went down 7% and the others version share went down 1%.

thats before adjustment

and MW3 week one gap is likely 1.6m again like black ops

What was the share after adjustments?

damn,how can i know,there is no after adjustment's day 1 numbers

How do you even know there was adjustments?

because they adjusted and i remember

btw i think they already adjusted day 1 MW3 numbers(of course we can't see) or PS3 players don't like pre-order or X360 share will go up for week 1 numbers(don't think so,maybe 2% at most)

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/88417/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-pre-orders-top-65m-worldwide/

The reason is that American and UK gamers preorder more than the rest of the world and that's exactly where the 360 version is more popular.

i don't think thats true,it should be adjustment

USA November NPD showed PS3 with 39% and 360 61%. Even if PS3 improved couple % in those 2 markets it will make huge diffrence to overall WW sales. And in rest of the world PS3 will have 75% share but these markets are not big enough so 360 will sell more.