By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Which country do you find the most interesting during the WW2 era??

USA 15 15.96%

Russia 19 20.21%

England 7 7.45%

Germany 44 46.81%

Japan 1 1.06%

Italy 0 0%

France 2 2.13%

Australia 2 2.13%

Canada 1 1.06%

Finland 3 3.19%

Total:94

I suppose I wanted to ask this hypothetical question first. What if Germany defeated the Soviet Union? Do you think the remaining allies would stand a chance? How long would the war be dragged out? etc...

Around the Network

WW2 is interesting, I like American Civil war as it has so many interesting characters.

sethnintendo said:
I suppose I wanted to ask this hypothetical question first. What if Germany defeated the Soviet Union? Do you think the remaining allies would stand a chance? How long would the war be dragged out? etc...

America would become more involved than ever if the soviets fell. It would then consider Germany a great threat not just to europe but to itself. Britain would continue the struggle. Churchill and the public were never going to give in. Russia would likely have a resistance movement if i know the soviets and because theyres soo many of them the movement would still require a large amount of Germans to put it down.  I still think the allies would have won but the western front would have been that much harder. I also think that it would have taken more time to defeat germany and that america may have used their atom bombs on germany too. 

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

I think only way would have been dropping Nukes on Germany...

Also fighting a much stronger Germany and Japan at the same time would likley even stressed out the Americans.

The UK would likley survive as there would a gigantic naval, land and air force concentrated as the Americans would get involved. In the end, the UK would have suffered a lot more.

Also the Germans would have had to keep a massive force in Russia unless they were able to set up a Vichy style Russia. They would have had to at least kill or capture Stalin or else when the Germans sent all their forces to the western front, they would be attacked again from the East.

However D-day would have been much more difficult as the Germans would had far far far more troops in France.

chris.m95 said:
sethnintendo said:

America would become more involved than ever if the soviets fell. It would then consider Germany a great threat not just to europe but to itself. Britain would continue the struggle. Churchill and the public were never going to give in. Russia would likely have a resistance movement if i know the soviets and because theyres soo many of them the movement would still require a large amount of Germans to put it down.  I still think the allies would have won but the western front would have been that much harder. I also think that it would have taken more time to defeat germany and that america may have used their atom bombs on germany too. 

Germany was also pretty far along as atom bombs go. With victory over Soviets the program could have gotten even more speed. Maybe enough to invent them before america.

Around the Network
KillerMan said:
chris.m95 said:
sethnintendo said:

Germany was also pretty far along as atom bombs go. With victory over Soviets the program could have gotten even more speed. Maybe enough to invent them before america.

That is very true they already had the V2 which could have been adapted

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

True, but America would have invented the bombs as well and we all assume in such a scenario Pearl Harbour happened...

In a nuclear war, the Germans were much more vulnerable then the US. 

spurgeonryan said:
If they would hav stayed to the end in Russia they would have been even weaker. They still would have lost.

I agree they should have left russia alone full stop

PSN addy - mrx95

Yeah thinking about it, the Nazi's would have had to secure all of Russia towards the Urals to the Caucasus Region to Finland in the North to truly weaken the Soviets.

Many people do not know but the Russians got millions of soldiers from beyond the Urals.

Well I doubt the Atom bomb being dropped in Germany would have made the Japanese automatically give up.

Looking at what really happened, it was a combination of Nukes, a possible soviet Attack and reasonable surrender terms (allowing the Emperor to stay) and such that caused Japan to surrender.