By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Harold and Kumar going from the big screen to the small screen!

Well with Harold and Kumar's new Christmas film having just launched their is no doubt that the Harold and Kumar franchise is hugely successful and full of laughs. It would appear that LionsGate has decided they want to expand the franchise to television, the TV show is already up on the auction block and almost every major network is apparently dying to get their hands on the television show.

The biggest shock and surprise in this announcement is that the television show will not be live action like its films of past. Instead LionsGate is taking the series in a lighter animated direction. LionsGate has apparently suggested that both John Cho and Kal Penn will return to their roles as Harold and Kumar. This means unlike some animated spin offs the series will be legit. But their was one major question that is on everyones minds but remains a mystery. Will Neil patrick Harris reprise his role? That remains to be seen.

The writers of Harold and Kumars recent Christmas adventure are also the writers behind the pilot and the series is expected to draw from the many talented writers that made Harold and Kumar so hilarious. Move over adult animated comedies Family Guy,South Park and Bevis and Butthead there is going to be a new adult comedy in town. Harold and Kumar will look to give the other animated comedies a run for their money!

What do you think will Harold and Kumar's animated series be a huge success? Or will it have a very hard time translating from live action to animated? Could the series challenge existing adult animated shows? How successful do you think the series could be? (Example 10 million viewers).

Source

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

I loved both Harold & Kumar films, so bring it on!

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

The movies were pretty good but I don't think a TV series would interest me that much, and I am probably one of the biggest stoners on VGC.

I think it will be a huge success like the cartoons based on "Clerks", "Spaceballs", and "Friday"!!

d21lewis said:
I think it will be a huge success like the cartoons based on "Clerks", "Spaceballs", and "Friday"!!

You should become a video game analyst.

Around the Network

How is the new movie?

I liked the first one, but thought that the second was wretched.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I hear the new one is the best one. I liked the first and thought the second was decent.