By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What if Quake I would be made in this generation ?

Tagged games:

NiKKoM said:
Aw.. I miss rocket jumping...

You can do it in team!

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Mummelmann said:
That is too true. Really sums up my feelings about this ridiculous generation.

People can have their "expanded audience" and "broad appeal", I want to play games.

You should play more Wii then. No joke.

This is the irony of this generation. While the Wii is accused of making everything easy, it's actually just all the companies outside of Nintendo who make all their established IPs dumber.

I don't have to deal with loading times. No stupid DLC. No endless tutorials. I can play the games like they always were.

EDIT: Best of all, no Origins.

I've realized some time ago that the 360 and PS3 are causing more damage to gaming (for my part) than the Wii could ever do. And, yes, I'm being serious.

Zlejedi said:
freebs2 said:
Dr.Grass said:
freebs2 said:
Dr.Grass said:
freebs2 said:

Great video

12 years later... still the pinnacle of FPS gaming.

Quake 3 is the pinnacle because of the strafe jumping alone.

What do you mean? You don't like strafe jumping?

- you say Unreal champ

- me say Quake champ because of strafe jumping

- strafe jumping listed under Quake and not Unreal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strafe-jumping

- you ask me if I don't like strafe jumping

- me scratches head with thoughts along the lines of ''how on earth did he misunderstand me''

Ah, ok. I have misunderstood the meaning of strafe-jumping. I didn't knew english at the time I used to play Quake 3 (I still don't know it very well now ).

UT had a sort of very simplified strafe-jump.

UT had normal strafe dodges with pressing arrow twice (IIRC it was still before gamers moved to WSAD as default) that's completly different than Q3 strafe jumping which increased speed of your movement)

Understood. Why not? I could take Quake3 off the shelf and give it an hindsight second look. I probably won't change my mind about UT but still i'ts been long since I played it the last time.

Hilarious and true. UT and Quake were both good, just different.

RolStoppable said:
Mummelmann said:
That is too true. Really sums up my feelings about this ridiculous generation.

People can have their "expanded audience" and "broad appeal", I want to play games.

You should play more Wii then. No joke.

This is the irony of this generation. While the Wii is accused of making everything easy, it's actually just all the companies outside of Nintendo who make all their established IPs dumber.

I don't have to deal with loading times. No stupid DLC. No endless tutorials. I can play the games like they always were.

EDIT: Best of all, no Origins.

You could. If the were games for it. Not everyone wants to spend whole generation playing Wii sports/fit, or another rehash of Mario/Kirby/Kong platformer or Kart racing.

You even had to wait to 2011 to get a bunch of new jrpgs (if you live in Europe that is ;) ) and new Zelda

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Zlejedi said:

You could. If the were games for it. Not everyone wants to spend whole generation playing Wii sports/fit, or another rehash of Mario/Kirby/Kong platformer or Kart racing.

You even had to wait to 2011 to get a bunch of new jrpgs (if you live in Europe that is ;) ) and new Zelda

The games Mummelmann likes to play aren't the same anymore, because they got dumbed down in the last few years. Or features that used to be standard got removed.

The games I like to play are the same as always or better than before.

The fact that you react in such a way shows that you have to put something else down in order to feel better about the games you like to play. Which is understandable, because the games you like to play are similar to the ones Mummelmann likes to play. The difference is that he doesn't feel the need to put something else down.

Cool for you. Still there's a simple truth that Wii library is one dimensional and narrow and I'm not gonna play games I don't care about just because they have no DLC.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB