By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Silly PS3 Others sales

Wow, talk about a turn of events, I guess the PS3 didn't beat the 360 as bad as some would think. Anybody have any thought about it?

Around the Network

Sorry, I didn't see the other threads on this subject.

I think the common response you'll get is that a win is a win. And that is correct to the degree it matters. Though after the good news for Blu-Ray it will be hard to dower the mood for those who prematurely celebrated the Ps3's true might.

@ Onimusha12, True. Let fanboy's have all the celebration they want. The format wars are probably a lot less important to the videogame industry than most would think.

True that, by the way there are rumors of the so called xbox 720. Some people are thinking the 360s lifetime cycle might end sooner then expected.

Around the Network

@ Onimusha12

TROLL.

DMeisterJ said:
@ Onimusha12

TROLL.

Thank you for your constructive and productive contribution to this thread. If only I could emulate such maturity.

@ TeeNTee, I seriously doubt with the success that Microsoft's had with the 360 will end so premature. Those who think that their running out of steam are just in serious denial. Though Blueray will likely win the format war, Microsoft is by far doing the right thing by concentrating on the fact the 360 is a videogame machine first. Now the true test for Sony now is actually selling Bluray players. LA Times recently put up an article online on how 90% of people's purchasing movies don't really care/think its a big enough difference to pay more for HD optical drives.

I still think the Others sales are impressive for the PS3. I mean, folks are spending an awful lot of money on the PS3 even without a lot of AAA games. However, I found out the PS3 isn't much more expensive than the 360. The 360 had a small price cut and to sell so close to the PS3 speaks volumes. MS will cut the price of the 360 and watch the bots fume. Folks really, really think the holiday bump isn't a bump but domination. This *bump* is as artificial as tons of those plastic Christmas trees or that hot mom's new boobiez ...

@ Onimusha12

You are a troll, the common response isn't "a win is a win" but is the truth. It beat the 360 outside of the error margin, so it won. I don't understand why the common response isn't attributed as the truth, which it is. So, the PS3 has been selling neck and neck (Within error margin) with the XBOX 360, and this week it pulls ahead, during XBOX 360's "Best holiday lineup ever". If the week after christmas, the PS3 outsells the XBOX 360, I'd call it a good win, with MS's line up being better than PS3's this christmas. I wouldn't call two months of neck and neck selling, plus a week of winning premature. But a troll might...