By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Call of Duty 4 - where the hell is it?

I was in Glasgow today looking for a copy of COD4 for the PS3 and not one store had it.  I tried Woolworth, Game, Gamestation (2 different stores), HMV (2 different stores) and Virgin (2 different stores) and not one had a copy of it.

I spoke to a relative that works for Woolworths and she told me that it has been sold out of her store for weeks now and they don't know when it will come in.

Needless to say, I could pick up countless copies of the game on Xbox 360 and PC.

Bit of a bummer really, but must show how popular the PS3 is right now in the UK and especially COD4.

I take it they didn't ship that many copies of the game to the UK or is the PS3 really selling amazingly? 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network

That is weird, but my Best Buy has been sold out of Call of Duty 4 for both versions for like 2 weeks.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

COD4 is my Game of the Year. No matter what system you get it for, the experience will be the same: awesome!

They are selling cod4 for $39.99, for ps3 but the other version cheaper.

Activision thought the ps3 version would flop since its install base is half of the 360's. Well its about to make 2 million.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Saw tons of COD4 this weekend at BB, CC and Target. Not sure why there are supply issues for some of you.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Around the Network

Plenty of stock on amazon

I feel sad for all you guys going out and looking for the game, the game is broken for online play, if you want it for singleplayer thats fine but for online the game is not worth it yet.

They have known about the online problems since November 7 when the game came out and the forums were full of guys complaining, now its two months later and we have only had one patch, and this is a North America only patch, it makes games come faster, but the servers do not work and the patch never fixed what it was meant to fix.

Now if you live in any PAL region you do not get the patch since its not ready, and there is no time table for when you will get it, plus now people with the patch cannot play with guys who do not have the patch, so if you have friends or a clan with people from over the world you can no longer play together.

IW has very little contact with the PS3 community, just to say that they know about the problems and that patches will come sometime in the future.

When you do find a game online, the host will end the game or the game will lag so bad that you will quit or half the team will leave and the teams will be so unfair you will leave. In over 90% of the games you will get screwed by the game being a lagfest, it does not matter how good your internet connection is or how good your ping is.

The sniper rifles are also broken, the hit detection sucks. 40% of your sniper bullets will miss no matter how close you are to the person and no matter how perfect your shots are.

Plus there are no clans, no friends list, no typed chat, no games list, mics do not connect all the time and parties get broken up when trying to join games.

I love the game just don't expect it to work very often, when the game was working better during the first month, i was #54 in kills and rising, now i'm over 550. I would just wait to get the game if you want to play online.

Griffin said:
I feel sad for all you guys going out and looking for the game, the game is broken for online play, if you want it for singleplayer thats fine but for online the game is not worth it yet.

When you do find a game online, the host will end the game or the game will lag so bad that you will quit or half the team will leave and the teams will be so unfair you will leave. In over 90% of the games you will get screwed by the game being a lagfest, it does not matter how good your internet connection is or how good your ping is.

Hmm, I've played a bit online and haven't seen all this problems. No lag at all. Maybe I was lucky... I've bought this game for single player though. 

Griffin said:

They have known about the online problems since November 7 when the game came out and the forums were full of guys complaining, now its two months later and we have only had one patch, and this is a North America only patch, it makes games come faster, but the servers do not work and the patch never fixed what it was meant to fix.

Now if you live in any PAL region you do not get the patch since its not ready, and there is no time table for when you will get it, plus now people with the patch cannot play with guys who do not have the patch, so if you have friends or a clan with people from over the world you can no longer play together.

IW has very little contact with the PS3 community, just to say that they know about the problems and that patches will come sometime in the future.

No, it is a low percentage on games that break due to lag. I admit, it does take time to join a game, but it managable

The sniper rifles are also broken, the hit detection sucks. 40% of your sniper bullets will miss no matter how close you are to the person and no matter how perfect your shots are.

I have never had any problem with this

Plus there are no clans, no friends list, no typed chat, no games list, mics do not connect all the time andparties get broken up when trying to join games

Yes there are, I've invited people in my friends list to join game, and generally I have seen parties stay together

I love the game just don't expect it to work very often, when the game was working better during the first month, i was #54 in kills and rising, now i'm over 550. I would just wait to get the game if you want to play online.

Activision seems to be taking notes from Nintendo on how to keep up with demand.