By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Soo it seems Square is going to screw the Americas over again.

saves you money. not that big of a deal.

Around the Network
A203D said:
MrT-Tar said:
lestatdark said:
Well, after four generations of us Europeans being screwed over out of entire games from Square, it hardly seems a big deal for anyone to miss out on a few C.Es....

Be thankful you never had to go through what PAL users had to go through during the SNES days.

Even though I wasn't gaming during the 4th gen, I can imagine how bad it was for JRPG lovers like myself.  No Chrono Trigger, o Final Fantasy IV-VI, no Super Mario RPG, no Ogre Battle MotBQ, no Seiken Densetsu 3, no Dragon Quest V and VI, no Fire Emblem, no Tactics Ogre, no Tales of Phantasia, etc.  I guess we got Terranigma, which provides a little bit of comfort at least.

It's not like the 5th gen was much better either given the popularity of Pokemon and to a lesser degree FFVII: No DQVII, no Xenogears, no Tales of Destiny or Eternia/Destiny II, no Ogre Battle 64, no Arc the Lad I-III, no Chrono Cross, no Chrono Trigger, Tactics Ogre, Tales of Phantasia or Ogre Battle MotBQ ports, no Valkyrie Profile, etc.

I'm just happy that this gen that the likes of FFXIII, Xenoblade Chronicles, DQIX, etc all saw releases here.  Sure I'm a little bit annoyed that the likes of Soma Bringer don't make it, but the current situation is far preferable to those mentioned above.

As a European, i totally disagree with the OP, because of everything MrT-Tar has said. okay its a bit unfair Sqaure Enix arnt giving American's the CE. but its not like it was in Europe, where even if you got these games they were regionally locked anyway.

but i think that Sqaure might have an alternative agenda in this case. maybe its to do with the exchange rate or something like that, but it dosent make sense why they wouldnt release the CE in US. theres probabily more demand there for a CE than Europe.

but its not like theres no way of getting this, Wagram and others could just import the UK version.

Its not a matter of importing but of principle more than anything else. Not just with SE but other Japanese companies who are screwing NA over; it's wrong and in 2011 it's pitiful they are doing this. 

Square-Enix is not supporting my hyper-materialistic impulses, oh no. Honestly, 99% of the times custom editions are just a bunch of overpriced junk tossed in to create a higher percieved value so more people are down to pay for bullshit. I feel like Square's doing the opposite of fucking us over by doing this; it's like throwing a beer back with your dad. They're done with treating us like kids/mindless buying drones, they're being straight with us.

In reality of course it's just 'cause they're lazy/probably poor projected profits from a custom edition, but whatever. Either way, they're not "screwing us over". That'd be like, shipping out a FF XIII-2 localized edition with 25% of the game cut out and the soundtrack replaced by recent Limp Bizkit tunes.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

I'd be totally getting that if they weren't ruining the game with tons of DLC. Sorry, I'm not even going to give them a chance. When someone plans monthly DLC, I'm pretty convinced it won't be good.

Anyway, we still don't have the first Parasite Eve. That's one game I want but can't get, and there's probably tons of others other people are interested in but can't get. And here you are complaining about a special edition while you are still getting the game. :P

Zkuq said:
I'd be totally getting that if they weren't ruining the game with tons of DLC. Sorry, I'm not even going to give them a chance. When someone plans monthly DLC, I'm pretty convinced it won't be good.

Anyway, we still don't have the first Parasite Eve. That's one game I want but can't get, and there's probably tons of others other people are interested in but can't get. And here you are complaining about a special edition while you are still getting the game. :P

Well, it is on the US PSN, so if you get your hands on a PSN card from the US, you can buy it off of there.

Around the Network
Zkuq said:

Final Fantasy XIII-2 will have monthly DLC? Are you serious?

If that's true then... damn... I'll probably buy the game near launch and then I'll have to buy the "full" version a year later with everything on disc... sort of what Capcom did with Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition.

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

blaydcor said:
Square-Enix is not supporting my hyper-materialistic impulses, oh no. Honestly, 99% of the times custom editions are just a bunch of overpriced junk tossed in to create a higher percieved value so more people are down to pay for bullshit. I feel like Square's doing the opposite of fucking us over by doing this; it's like throwing a beer back with your dad. They're done with treating us like kids/mindless buying drones, they're being straight with us.

In reality of course it's just 'cause they're lazy/probably poor projected profits from a custom edition, but whatever. Either way, they're not "screwing us over". That'd be like, shipping out a FF XIII-2 localized edition with 25% of the game cut out and the soundtrack replaced by recent Limp Bizkit tunes.

1st. My dad is an idiot.

2nd. I don't drink

3rd. Yes they are screwing us over. What makes EMEAA and Japan so special? They sell fewer copies there. If one region doesn't get one then everyone shouldn't get one.

I really like the shirt!

As others have said, Europe has been screwed over for generations when it comes to JRPG's.

Actually, that's why the genre has not been as popular in Europe as it has been in America.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Troll_Whisperer said:
As others have said, Europe has been screwed over for generations when it comes to JRPG's.

Actually, that's why the genre has not been as popular in Europe as it has been in America.

Why is everyone stuck in that mentality though? Yes, Europe got screwed. There is nothing we can do about that. It sucked. This is now 2011. No one should be getting screwed. Period.