By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which FIFA for Wii?

Hi,

I'd like to buy a FIFA game for Wii, but I have no idea which one is the best. Never played one. To those of you who have played multiple iterarions: Can you recommend one of them over the others? Does it have to be FIFA 12? Prices of the older ones range from 10-20€, the new one is 40€ of course.

Thanks a lot!

Around the Network

I haven't played FIFA on Wii, but may I ask you, so you care about the teams being up to date? As in, having all the players they have now.

If not, you can probably go for an older one. You can transfer players within the game, too.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Not really I guess. I'm more wondering about the overall gameplay quality, because I remember reading some reviews and EA seem to have tried different approaches with their annual Wii FIFA's. Classic, super simplistic, Pro-Evo-Clone, simplistic again, ... so I don't know which one to pick.

I have only played FIFA 09 and FIFA 10 myself, and I prefer the 09 version because the controls are less dumbed down. I would still prefer a more complex control scheme than FIFA 09 though, but what can you do?

Best FIFA for Wii is PES. ;)

Around the Network
Bong Lover said:
I have only played FIFA 09 and FIFA 10 myself, and I prefer the 09 version because the controls are less dumbed down. I would still prefer a more complex control scheme than FIFA 09 though, but what can you do?

Ah that's a good hint. 09 is available really cheap, so if that was a good one, I'll just go for it... Thanks!

Sharu said:
Best FIFA for Wii is PES. ;)

Yeah I actually believe you :) Tried one PES for a few minutes years ago, and I liked it. Thing is, if your friends are all used to playing FIFA, they tend to not enjoy being confused by a completely different control scheme.

Then - go for 09. It was the last one before they start to make 'toon football graphics' in wii fifa... :(

Fifa on Wii sucks. PES is better, but also not very good. I understand you want to play Fifa on a Wii anyway and Fifa 09 is the least sucking then, if you don't mind the outdated teams.

I might have to look into getting PES for Wii. I suppose the latest version is the best?