By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSP Passes 70 million sold!

its reached that number a long time ago, VGchartz has it undertracked by about 1 million.
not as bad as the PS2 10 million

Around the Network
Troll_Whisperer said:
Is it not severely undertracked? Or is it just PS2?

It probably is, but not as bad as the PS2.  It is at 74.23 million combining production and retail shipments.  Even if 3 million of those were double counted during the switch in how they reported figures, that would still leave 2.54 million on the shelves at the end of last quarter.

Its probably at 73 million in real life, VGCartz undertracked psp numbers for a very long time now

your a bit late to the party come the end of the week shipments should bew over 73 million this thing is well undertracked

Well deserved! I bought 3 psps, one for me and one for each of my best friends. Unfortunately, they don't play any games on it, so it's seems a big waste, but I guess not everyone can appreciate the awesomeness of the psp.
I've mentioned this in several threads: for me the psp is the best device ever (it's got me through the awful army experience and so much more).

Around the Network

It's an absolute Tragedy how PSP and Wii can sell as much as they did. Terrible Hanheld, terrible console. One of them is basically a portable hack machine.

---