By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BF3 Reviews

..Where the hell are they for the console versions!? Game been out in US for a whole day and a bit now, and still only 5 reviews on Metacritic!?

Are metacritic slacking or is there some sort of embargo in place? :s

Also anyone else notice the fanboys dumbing down scores of console versions on metacritic with silly player reviews lol.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network

they did not ship the copies of the console versions to the magazines because they fear their reviews ;)

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

ghettoglamour said:

they did not ship the copies of the console versions to the magazines because they fear their reviews ;)

If that's the truth, EA are handling this badly.

I dont like at all that they review BF3 seprataely for PC and consoles. The versions are so similar.

LINDIS WAS HERE.

Slimebeast said:
I dont like at all that they review BF3 seprataely for PC and consoles. The versions are so similar.

Similar? I read it is a 7 (consoles) to 9 (PC).

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Slimebeast said:

Similar? I read it is a 7 (consoles) to 9 (PC).

No you didn't.

Right now its ~85 for 360, ~88 for PS3, ~91 for PC.

They are very much identical with the difference in scores attributed to smaller multiplayer and lower graphics. However, a high 8 and 9's means that the game is bad ass no matter where you play it.

I know my PS3 version is all that I expected and more.

NotStan said:
ghettoglamour said:

Quite the opposite. It may seem sneaky, but they are doing whatever they can to ensure the most amount of people buy the game

What do you mean by "badly"?

miz1q2w3e said:
NotStan said:
ghettoglamour said:

Quite the opposite. It may seem sneaky, but they are doing whatever they can to ensure the most amount of people buy the game

What do you mean by "badly"?

By badly I meant, they're doing exactly what you said they're doing, trying to lure people in unexpectadly to maximize their sales and casting doubt onto the loyal supporters that are genuinely interested in the franchise.

Who cares about the reviews anyways? Anything that's come out so far is, let's face it, single-player focused. Many of the reviewers couldn't possibly have had time to really play and learn the multiplayer well enough to give it a rating, so almost the entire focus of those reviews is on single-player.

The game is getting great reviews, though, so I doubt it has anything to do with EA holding back copies. I think it'd be more likely that those reviewers probably want to spend more time with the multiplayer before they slap a score on the game, considering multiplayer is the main aspect of Battlefield.

Probably cause the console version is so much worse that they're trying to compile all the reasons its worse than the PC version.